What to buy v6 or 2 lt

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

SoCal Jag wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:49 pmIt would be like finding out that the prettiest girl in your school has a crush on you but you decide to ask the average looking girl to the prom instead because [fill in the blank with lame excuse].
Bad analogy - the 4-pot F-Type is just as gorgeous as the V6 and V8. And some girls aren't beautiful, they just look as if they are. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

scm wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:48 pm
SoCal Jag wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:49 pmIt would be like finding out that the prettiest girl in your school has a crush on you but you decide to ask the average looking girl to the prom instead because [fill in the blank with lame excuse].
Bad analogy - the 4-pot F-Type is just as gorgeous as the V6 and V8. And some girls aren't beautiful, they just look as if they are. ;)
True, unless one is obsessed with the design of the tail pipes the looks department doesn't quite work as an analogy. I'd say it's more a matter of how easy going, strong, smart and demanding you prefer your girl to be, and what kind of voice you like: a whining nasal, strong but natural, or really shouty deep and raspy. :lol:
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
scm

Post by scm »

MajorTom wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:24 am
scm wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:48 pm
True, unless one is obsessed with the design of the tail pipes the looks department doesn't quite work as an analogy. I'd say it's more a matter of how easy going, strong, smart and demanding you prefer your girl to be, and what kind of voice you like: a whining nasal, strong but natural, or really shouty deep and raspy. :lol:
Now that's better! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Or it could be that you like how the girl actually performs in real life and the better handling versus the noise. Like dating a women who is good in the bed, or one who spends her time on TikTok and Instagram shouting "look at me, look at me" :D
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Like the thinking there Hammers. It's like the choice of the most beautiful girl that doesn't come with the associated running costs of a supermodel :D

But this could degrade into pointless 4 pot vs V bashing...

Horses for Courses people...
Do I want a V8 or AWD or SVR... absolutely not. A V6 I did look, but I chose a 2L and I love it.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Philskill wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:28 pmIt's like the choice of the most beautiful girl that doesn't come with the associated running costs of a supermodel :D
But then she sounds like an American soccer mom whereas the the other types of girls sound like Adele or Lenny from Motorhead with a bad hangover respectively. :P

Each to their own though - all versions are good options depending on what one expects and compares to.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...