What to buy v6 or 2 lt

Anything F-Type related......
Adrian1961

Post by Adrian1961 »

Hello
I am thinking of getting a F Type coupe up too a max of £38,000 views of a 3lt v6 or a 2 lt will do approx 6000 miles per year have been looking on Autotrader and a fair selection in both engines views and advice if possible

scm

Post by scm »

The V6 and 2 litre cars are very different so best advice is to get good test drives of both to decide which floats your boat most. Then decide on the options/colour you can't live without.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Good advice
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

They look almost the same. So you will still get the admiring glances!!
If you plan it for commuting , then the 4 will obviously get better fuel mileage, and a bit less costly to maintain, insure, tax etc.
For your budget you should be able to buy a 4 that is likely 4-5 years younger, perhaps even under JLR warranty.
So, unless you want the exhaust note, amazing acceleration and a160mph top end, you should defeinetely consider a 4.
On the other hand .......
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
badger

Post by badger »

CJSJAG wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:38 pm They look almost the same. So you will still get the admiring glances!!
If you plan it for commuting , then the 4 will obviously get better fuel mileage, and a bit less costly to maintain, insure, tax etc.
For your budget you should be able to buy a 4 that is likely 4-5 years younger, perhaps even under JLR warranty.
So, unless you want the exhaust note, amazing acceleration and a160mph top end, you should defeinetely consider a 4.
On the other hand .......
the v6s will do 30+ mpg if you want it to on a run. i paid £300 p/y for insurance and £280 for main dealer service last year.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
scm

Post by scm »

CJSJAG wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:38 pm They look almost the same. So you will still get the admiring glances!!
This is true - just after I got my V8 it went in for some (as it turned out unnecessary) warranty work and I was given a 4-pot loaner for the weekend. It was white, the same colour as mine and no-one noticed the difference, even though the loaner was a convertible, not a coupe! :o
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

badger wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:43 pm i paid £300 p/y for insurance and £280 for main dealer service last year.
Damn, I hope my insurance gets that low next year. I got bent over by the insurance companies this year.
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

I plumped for the 2 litre , 1st Edition model back in Sept 2020, I started looking at used 3l V6 models, and when looking at the 2 litre range I got a really good deal on a brand new stock vehicle, at the top end of my budget, (PX ing my 2 year old XE 300 Sport in the deal) , and as its my daily driver its perfect for me, it doesn't have the exhaust note as the V6 or V8, but then i don't annoy the neighbours on early morning startups, the 2 litre has enough power for normal road use, (296 bhp. 155mph limited top end, and 0-60mph in 5.4 s. and handling to match.). Maybe one day i'll jump to a V8 model, but until then this is a keeper, it still has the looks and presence of the model range, with the admiring glances and thumbs up that go with it. 8-) . Fuel economy is good(ish), on a run of 117 miles it can reach 38mpg, :) in sport/dynamic fun mode :evil: and/or short local 2-3 mile runs it can drop to 24mpg. Whatever you opt for, its fun. :D. Insurance is around £270.
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

[quote=bob_mcn post_id=61253 time=1641741690 user_id=2990]
I plumped for the 2 litre , 1st Edition model back in Sept 2020, I started looking at used 3l V6 models, and when looking at the 2 litre range I got a really good deal on a brand new stock vehicle, at the top end of my budget, (PX ing my 2 year old XE 300 Sport in the deal) , and as its my daily driver its perfect for me, it doesn't have the exhaust note as the V6 or V8, but then i don't annoy the neighbours on early morning startups, the 2 litre has enough power for normal road use, (296 bhp. 155mph limited top end, and 0-60mph in 5.4 s. and handling to match.). Maybe one day i'll jump to a V8 model, but until then this is a keeper, it still has the looks and presence of the model range, with the admiring glances and thumbs up that go with it. 8-) . Fuel economy is good(ish), on a run of 117 miles it can reach 38mpg, :) in sport/dynamic fun mode :evil: and/or short local 2-3 mile runs it can drop to 24mpg. Whatever you opt for, its fun. :D. Insurance is around £270.
[/quote]

good. mostly the power is only handy at junctions or roundabouts any way . remember this and keep it at the back of your minds . if caught doing a 100mph you better get a good lawyer as you face a year bann ;) over this by by licence :lol: . wifes an ex cop :P
Adrian1961

Post by Adrian1961 »

Thanks to all your help have gone for a 2017 3 lt and hope to collect next week will post photo and how I got on when I return home