What to buy v6 or 2 lt

Anything F-Type related......
BLOOFTR

Post by BLOOFTR »

Good choice. I had a 2.0 loaner a few weeks back. I actually thought it was a diesel. Not a very refined engine. V6 has loads more theatre.
MY2020 F-Type R-AWD in Ultra Blue.

Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Similar to Bob I was looking at V6 models then came across a 4 which was all but brand new but had been sitting as a showroom model until the lights changed and they wanted to move it on. They registered it which meant no luxury tax in Australia so saved a bundle on a car that hadn’t been driven. Then it was a case of brand new 4 with warranty v 6 with noise and a bit more pace off the line. After driving the 4 I found the weight and handling is a bit better in my opinion especially on bends and corners. Tough choice, the exhaust note, while lots of pops and bangs, is very different, but opted for the 4.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Kiwi Dave

Post by Kiwi Dave »

Go for the 6,its a sports car not a shopping car
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

^^^ It's whatever you want it to be.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
scm

Post by scm »

Kiwi Dave wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:40 am Go for the 6, it's a sports car not a shopping car
I go shopping in my V8 - does that make it a shopping car?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

scm wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:52 am
Kiwi Dave wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:40 am Go for the 6, it's a sports car not a shopping car
I go shopping in my V8 - does that make it a shopping car?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

didnt know asda had a drive through :mrgreen:
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

I've actually managed to get 34 mpg out my v6s and i put it on a multicar insurance policy and it came in at £200 that said ive only got it down for 4000 miles per year as its not my daily driver and more of a weekend /road trip car.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
SoCal Jag

Post by SoCal Jag »

I don't get JLR offering a 4cyl in f-types. Seems very similar to Porsche's mis-q in offering a 4cyl in the 911 [and calling it a 912] back in the day.

In order to get the full f-type experience, you need at least the v6 [mine is a v6 (VAP tuned to 416hp)]. And to miss out on the spectacular exhaust note is criminal. To hell with the neighbors! :)

I couldn't imagine that anybody would regret going with the v6. It would be like finding out that the prettiest girl in your school has a crush on you but you decide to ask the average looking girl to the prom instead because [fill in the blank with lame excuse].
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Everybody buys their cars for different reasons. For many, it can be as simple as how the car makes them feel when they look at it and sit in it. It matters not whether it has a battery, a 3-cylinder or a 12-cylinder engine under the bonnet, everything else about the car is far more important to them. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, as those people are getting their own 'full f-type experience'.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)