Tyres.

Anything F-Type related......
Alfie

Post by Alfie »

I like the Pirellis. I put 4Ss on the rear and they are definitely a good amount stickier, but I find that's actually taken some of the character away from the car honestly.

I might put Michelin's on the front and P Zeros on the rear when the time comes.
RWD V8 R

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

I have decided to go like others for the Michelins on the back at least , and will probly opt for my favourite tyres on the front , good years
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Alfie wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:46 pm I like the Pirellis. I put 4Ss on the rear and they are definitely a good amount stickier, but I find that's actually taken some of the character away from the car honestly.

I might put Michelin's on the front and P Zeros on the rear when the time comes.
That move would be against all good judgement for tyres. Whilst it may make the backend have more drift characteristics, in a heavy braking situation you’ll more likely end up facing the opposite way and/or in a ditch.
Did a few sessions on a skid pan where rwd instruction cars had slick rears and good fronts and was near impossible to balance until lessons and control techniques were learnt
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
BLOOFTR

Post by BLOOFTR »

scm wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:24 pm I've not found Pirellis to be as awful as others seem to, either.
They are truly crap. The AWD of the F-Type helps a little but I still managed sideways on the first roundabout out the dealer in the dry with no throttle.

I also had them on my last car - XFR-S. the car was virtually undrivable in the wet with them. Plus they last no time at all. 8K on the back of the XFR-S Vs 22K for Michelin PS4S. No brainier for me.
MY2020 F-Type R-AWD in Ultra Blue.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Ah the good old tyre debate, its been at least 3 months since the last one. :lol:
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Deleted User 3572

Been looking at tyres this morning , kwick -fit have Michelin sp4s tyres 275/35/19 my size rears fully fitted £202 , Asda tyres have them fully fitted £211, but give up to £50 in asda vouchers
Deleted User 3572

Well wont be using the asda tyre site after reading of bad feed back from a few customers about not getting tyres on time or the vouchers :cry:
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Pirelli's will wear rather quickly as they are softer tyres than Michellins , so be prepared to change them .
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
Deleted User 3572

dint know asda had a drive through lol
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

Well i bought the p zero's from kwik fit and had them fitted at kwik fit this morning i made it there unscathed on the old p zero's and made it home unscathed on the new p zero's.Fully fitted including valves balance etc £466 for two rears on 20 inch rims i cant comment on other kwik fit garages around the country but the one i used today"sunderland "has a 4.7 star rating and the lads were very careful with the car and the wheels. Roll on the summer.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post