V6s spark plug change

Anything F-Type related......
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:24 pm But may now have a change of heart as members have pointed out it is better to get a vat reg garage to do the work get an invoice then contact jaguar crc to update the OSH
That's what I do as per my post earlier. You don't have to pay for all those things in a service that aren't required like topping the screenwash, producing a video to show tyre depths, etc. and in fact although I try to use OEM parts like plugs and filters, CRC don't check what's used, they just update the online history with basic details of date, service, mileage, garage name, etc.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:30 pm Thanks RPSN , like your self I like doing work on our cars if I can , discs and pads servicing and general tinkering it saves a small fortune for us poor pensioners lol PS I might even have a go at these spark plugs myself

👍

Not sure about you, but I’m over a decade away from my State Pension lol

The sparkplugs on my car are not due for renewal yet, but as far as I can see the job involves a bit more work than usual.

I’ve saved some good info on this for future reference including the Jaguar TOPIx instructions (first link below). The other links explain the difficulty that one member (V6 S owner) had in changing them.

In the attached document (2017 F-Type V8 R Spark Plug DIY) the Rock says......“Note: This was done on 2017+ F-TYPE R V8. Should be similar on other models...But check!”

viewtopic.php?p=40268#p40268

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5341

viewtopic.php?p=53954#p53954

I’ve also attached a video on the F-Type V6 S sparkplug renewal which is well worth watching.....

2017 F-Type V8 R Spark Plug DIY.pdf
(2.65 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »