V6s spark plug change

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

RPSN wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:37 am
scm wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:09 am
Beltupandholdon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 pm....but really thinking of doing any services myself, ok I know it won't have full jaguar OSH but I can still prove to any potential buyer in the future that I have looked after this car well....
So long as your indie is VAT-registered you can send a copy of their invoice to Jaguar Customer Services and get them to update the OSH, so you'll have an "official" record.

Only applies if the independent garage has done the servicing but not if he’s doing this himself.
Obviously, hence my reference to being "VAT-registered", and "invoice".
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 pm I am thinking now of using a local to me garage non jaguar to do any work that I can't do myself , seen as the local jaguar dealer has not bothered to call me back , but I still would like to know a price . Have started a diary a while back and have kept recipts of any things I have bought for this car , but really thinking of doing any services myself , ok I know it won't have full jaguar OSH but I can still prove to any potential buyer in the future that I have looked after this car well , for instance a B service from a jaguar dealer I would surmise to be well over £300 , I can buy the oil fuchs 0W20 to spec 8ltrs £74.95 oil filter £21.50 cabin /pollen filter £18 and air filters £42 total £156 all from opie oils , at least half the price of a jaguar dealer and have the satisfaction it is done correct
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5945&p=60724#p60724

Still £299 for oil, filters, pollen and brake fluid change. Plus comes with £750 MOT cover.

I think this ends Feb.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

scm wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:11 pm
scm wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:09 am So long as your indie is VAT-registered you can send a copy of their invoice to Jaguar Customer Services and get them to update the OSH, so you'll have an "official" record.

Only applies if the independent garage has done the servicing but not if he’s doing this himself.

Obviously, you haven’t taken in what he said.....
Beltupandholdon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 pm....but really thinking of doing any services myself, ok I know it won't have full jaguar OSH but I can still prove to any potential buyer in the future that I have looked after this car well....
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
scm

Post by scm »

RPSN wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:26 pm
scm wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:11 pm

And neither have you ... ;)
Beltupandholdon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 pm I am thinking now of using a local to me garage non jaguar to do any work that I can't do myself
Which is why I posted what I did.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

scm wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:33 pm
RPSN wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:26 pm
scm wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:11 pm Obviously, hence my reference to being "VAT-registered", and "invoice".

And neither have you ... ;)
Beltupandholdon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 pm I am thinking now of using a local to me garage non jaguar to do any work that I can't do myself, seen as the local jaguar dealer has not bothered to call me back , but I still would like to know a price .
Which is why I posted what I did.

He is referring to any work that he can’t do and enquiring about the price of having the sparkplugs fitted only (hence the topic's heading 'V6S spark plug change').....and not the regular servicing which he is thinking of doing himself to save ££££’s, whilst giving him the satisfaction that the work is done correctly ;) ......
Beltupandholdon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 pm I am thinking now of using a local to me garage non jaguar to do any work that I can't do myself , seen as the local jaguar dealer has not bothered to call me back , but I still would like to know a price . Have started a diary a while back and have kept recipts of any things I have bought for this car , but really thinking of doing any services myself , ok I know it won't have full jaguar OSH but I can still prove to any potential buyer in the future that I have looked after this car well , for instance a B service from a jaguar dealer I would surmise to be well over £300 , I can buy the oil fuchs 0W20 to spec 8ltrs £74.95 oil filter £21.50 cabin /pollen filter £18 and air filters £42 total £156 all from opie oils , at least half the price of a jaguar dealer and have the satisfaction it is done correct

However, if he did decide to have the car serviced by an independent garage, it’s good for him to know that the Jaguar online service history can be updated!
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Yes that is correct I was thinking of doing the work myself
Deleted User 3572

But may now have a change of heart as members have pointed out it is better to get a vat reg garage to do the work get an invoice then contact jaguar crc to update the OSH
Deleted User 3572

I have been a busy boy today , car gets new rubber all 4 corners on Thursday Msp4s on the rears , good years on fronts . now back to servicing etc I hope you are sitting down when you read this . i contacted the two nearest to me jaguar dealers for a price for doing a B service and a change of spark plugs also a price for changing the supercharged and ancillary belts , and had to wait nearly 2 days for them to get back to me . taggarts glasgow , service B price £357.32 spark plug change £308.60 belts £433.66 all prices inc vat . pentland jaguar stirling , service B £734.00 ( yes this is correct i nearly chocked i had to ask again , ) spark plug change £420.00 . belts £385 these prices are from two jaguar dealers 20miles apart , my own local garage non jaguar is happy for me to buy the parts oil etc and give me a vat reg invoice i aske his labour rate it is £45 per hour , so this is the way i will go , but what a difrence in prices from 2 main dealers 20 miles apart :twisted:
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Personally, I would have gone for the Michelins all round.....I have Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres on the front and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S (PS4S) on the rear (reason being that Michelin don’t make a PS4S size 245/40ZR19 for the front). They also look aesthetically pleasing together.

As you can see, the main dealers can be a rip off!....Most of the time it’s far better to use a trusted independent.

I’ve had the F-Type serviced by a good local indie that I sometimes use for my cars and I provided the high quality parts. I then contacted jagcrc@jaguarlandrover.com to update the online service history which they did. Apart from that I’ve serviced it myself so far (kept all receipts for parts and fluids etc) and it doesn’t really bother me that the online service history isn’t always updated. I intend to keep the ‘F’ for many years to come as I’ve done with some other cars I’ve owned (still have one of them).

Over the decades, I’ve saved a fortune in servicing, maintenance and repair costs on my vehicles, and also had the satisfaction of knowing the work has been done to a good standard.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Deleted User 3572

Thanks RPSN , like your self I like doing work on our cars if I can , discs and pads servicing and general tinkering it saves a small fortune for us poor pensioners lol PS I might even have a go at these spark plugs myself

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post