V6s spark plug change

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Can any one please tell me what would be the cost to change the spark plugs in a v6s car , mine need done again having been done twice before , car is a 2014 model sitting on 72000, I called a dealer this morning but it is the usual jaguar response I.e. No phone call back . If any one could say how much they paid for theirs and would give a good indication of any variation of post codes etc on price

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Spark plugs on the V6 S should be changed on the 80,000 miles / 60 months service (whichever comes first). If yours have been changed twice before, they shouldn't need changing yet, unless you have issues with them?

Have a read through this......viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4155&hilit=Spark+plug
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
scm

Post by scm »

The only reason to change plugs based on age if you're a low mileage user is to mitigate against them seizing in the block.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 3572

[quote=RPSN post_id=61459 time=1642446559 user_id=2522]
Spark plugs on the V6 S should be changed on the 80,000 miles / 60 months service (whichever comes first). If yours have been changed twice before, they shouldn't need changing yet, unless you have issues with them?

Have a read through this......viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4155&hilit=Spark+plug
[/quote]

cheers , plugs were last changed at 43000 miles in 2018
Deleted User 3572

[quote=scm post_id=61460 time=1642446830 user_id=1834]
The only reason to change plugs based on age if you're a low mileage user is to mitigate against them seizing in the block.
[/quote]

george my mate told me his old xkr only needed them changed at 110,000 miles or on the ten year service . it really looks like they change them early on the f type due to potential corrosion of the plugs but stand to be corrected
scm

Post by scm »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:45 pm george my mate told me his old xkr only needed them changed at 110,000 miles or on the ten year service . it really looks like they change them early on the f type due to potential corrosion of the plugs but stand to be corrected
On my previous 2004 XKR the plug change was due at 100,000 miles. I asked my indie to do them at 90,000 but he checked them and said they didn't need doing. Not sure if any previous owenr had changed them earlier. And I swapped the car for a 2010 XKR before the next service so that saved £128. Although it cost me quite a lot to save that! :lol:
Deleted User 3572

I am thinking now of using a local to me garage non jaguar to do any work that I can't do myself , seen as the local jaguar dealer has not bothered to call me back , but I still would like to know a price . Have started a diary a while back and have kept recipts of any things I have bought for this car , but really thinking of doing any services myself , ok I know it won't have full jaguar OSH but I can still prove to any potential buyer in the future that I have looked after this car well , for instance a B service from a jaguar dealer I would surmise to be well over £300 , I can buy the oil fuchs 0W20 to spec 8ltrs £74.95 oil filter £21.50 cabin /pollen filter £18 and air filters £42 total £156 all from opie oils , at least half the price of a jaguar dealer and have the satisfaction it is done correct
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 pm I am thinking now of using a local to me garage non jaguar to do any work that I can't do myself , seen as the local jaguar dealer has not bothered to call me back , but I still would like to know a price . Have started a diary a while back and have kept recipts of any things I have bought for this car , but really thinking of doing any services myself , ok I know it won't have full jaguar OSH but I can still prove to any potential buyer in the future that I have looked after this car well , for instance a B service from a jaguar dealer I would surmise to be well over £300 , I can buy the oil fuchs 0W20 to spec 8ltrs £74.95 oil filter £21.50 cabin /pollen filter £18 and air filters £42 total £156 all from opie oils , at least half the price of a jaguar dealer and have the satisfaction it is done correct
I also like the idea of doing my own maintenance, however the idea of proving good care to a potential buyer is difficult, so I don't fully do this except for very long term keeper cars
If you trade in or otherwise sell commercially the lack of a service record will dent the price significantly
Any private buyer may well be happy themselves, but will also still push down the price as they too will fear selling on

Of course as the age of the vehicle increases and it moves to old/classic, then it'll be based upon condition more than history. Equally the high price to maintain a dealer/indy service record starts to cross the tipping point as the value drops.
For now I've switched to an Indy who does a pick and choose annual service at minimal cost and I update the JLR service record via Customer Services. Anything else I do
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 pm... I know it won't have full jaguar OSH but I can still prove to any potential buyer in the future that I have looked after this car well ...
So long as your indie is VAT-registered you can send a copy of their invoice to Jaguar Customer Services and get them to update the OSH, so you'll have an "official" record.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

scm wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:09 am
Beltupandholdon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 pm....but really thinking of doing any services myself, ok I know it won't have full jaguar OSH but I can still prove to any potential buyer in the future that I have looked after this car well....
So long as your indie is VAT-registered you can send a copy of their invoice to Jaguar Customer Services and get them to update the OSH, so you'll have an "official" record.

Only applies if the independent garage has done the servicing but not if he’s doing this himself.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post