Warrantywise

Anything F-Type related......
davidd

Post by davidd »

Afternoon,

The warranty on my 16place v8 is due this week. It's been on with Jag for the last couple of years. I've had a quote from Warrantywise who claim that the main difference is that they will pay for wear and tear, stull like brake discs.

Anyone used them?

Thanks
D

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

They are quite good to be honest , I have been looking at warranty myself as another car we have it's warranty with the AA is about to expire in Feb , they just paid out over £2000 for work to get done on that car and I have been looking about on likes of compare warranty online , will post again shortly regarding this after my lunch been a busy day for me today lol
Deleted User 3572

motor easy have a few warranty plans starting from £27 a month upwards some dont cover wear and tear but some do . they have a few plans as i said , but shop about some are just extortion , and cost over £800 a year some have claim limits of £3 000 per claim some have lower some have higher , the likes of wear and tear many wont have that , and that includes current jaguar plans , all i am after is a plan that covers the engine and gearbox say with a claim limit of 5 grand and costs me £3-400 per year and i did find one on that motor easy sits plan C light at £27 a month but i never seen the max claim limit and at the time was only browsing , so still have this to do . but its a minefield out their so just be careful
davidd

Post by davidd »

Thanks for your reply, I was asking specifically about warrantywise the company.

Cheers

D
alimct

Post by alimct »

There is a quote and photo of Quentin Wilson on their website so they must be good :lol:

But seriously, have a look at Trustpilot reviews - generally positive reviews. If you look through the low scoring reviews you get a feel for what they are like (in addition to how ridiculous some reviewers are !)
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

Are these 3rd party warranties better than Jaguars own? When I try to get a quote from Jaguars site, it won't return any products. Just says there's none available for my vehicle. The warranty-wise cover with £200/hour labour cover is £110/month with a repair limit of 5k.
Deleted User 3572

some do offer repairs up to the value of your car , it is up to you to go online and find the best deals that dont cost a fortune
Deleted User 3572

Motor easy offer a wear and tear policy up to the value of your car , they are currently giving 18month warranty for the price of 12 , go to website to check out what plans suit yourself s
thegent

Post by thegent »

Garbage for me. I bought a car which came with a warrantywise plan. Within a few weeks of buying I was getting heavy feedback through the steering wheel. Registered the issue, told me to take it to a garage for diagnostics. Garage said the issue was warped rotors, warrantywise said this wasn't covered as wear and tear, although this wouldn't have been my own wear and tear. Had to pay the garage myself.

Expensive piece of paper.
scm

Post by scm »

thegent wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:16 pm Garbage for me. I bought a car which came with a warrantywise plan. Within a few weeks of buying I was getting heavy feedback through the steering wheel. Registered the issue, told me to take it to a garage for diagnostics. Garage said the issue was warped rotors, warrantywise said this wasn't covered as wear and tear, although this wouldn't have been my own wear and tear. Had to pay the garage myself.
Those faulty rotors should have been covered by the sale of goods act, assuming it wasn't a private sale. Amazing what a dealer will put through as warranty when they otherwise might have to pay to honour their legal obligations .....
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!