PB big brake kit fitted to my 400 Sport

Anything F-Type related......
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

basher wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:30 pm
MajorTom wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:52 pm Sounds like a great match to the 400 accents! What's the difference otherwise? Didn't your car already have brakes of the same size?
Yes, rotors were the same size, but solid steel and very boring. Calipers were much smaller. The new brakes also have Hawk pads, so hopefully much less dust!
Yes, I did think that the 400 came with the big high performance brakes. That does look the business and so does the whole car.

Keep us posted on how the brakes perform.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

scm

Post by scm »

basher wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:20 pm Some pics now attached to original post...
Mmm ... very nice!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

They’d look superb Kev. Colour goes perfectly with your spec. Some first modification that is 👍

Would you consider swapping out the red wheel centre caps? If so I’ve a mint set of OEM black ones. Very good price to you 😄
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
basher

Post by basher »

DaddyDarren wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:41 am They’d look superb Kev. Colour goes perfectly with your spec. Some first modification that is 👍

Would you consider swapping out the red wheel centre caps? If so I’ve a mint set of OEM black ones. Very good price to you 😄
I did consider changing the caps... but if I do then I should probably change the red front badge, which I actually really like. Hmmm. 🤔
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Just watch out with the growler design and font on non-red centre caps, OEM or after market. Most non-red ones out there seem to have the old pre-2014 design.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
MANTOT3

Post by MANTOT3 »

Well done Basher, that’s what the F Type brakes should have looked like from the word GO!
Big Thumbs up from me, what a first Mod. Mine was those projector puddle lamp thingy’s.
To think we nearly lost you a while back. Look forward to seeing the results in the metal soon.

Anyone with Carbon ceramic brakes, take a look at Bashers pictures this set up is your get out of Jail card if you can’t justify the replacement costs and you dont have to have yellow.

Black growler.jpg

Could always go Black Growler with yellow eyes!
2016 SVR
Carbon Ceramic Brakes.
Homemade Barless front Grill.
And all the options on my wish list :twisted:
Previous: 2015 AWD R
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

MANTOT3 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:52 pm Well done Basher, that’s what the F Type brakes should have looked like from the word GO!
Big Thumbs up from me, what a first Mod. Mine was those projector puddle lamp thingy’s.
To think we nearly lost you a while back. Look forward to seeing the results in the metal soon.

Anyone with Carbon ceramic brakes, take a look at Bashers pictures this set up is your get out of Jail card if you can’t justify the replacement costs and you dont have to have yellow.

Well said. You made the correct decision Kev. Nothing could replace the F-Type. Glad to see you invest in your future!

Alasdair has the same PB Brake set up on his SVR. Corrie Grey with Gloss Orange calipers. As Kev’s, they look superb 👌
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

MANTOT3 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:52 pm
Black growler.jpg

Could always go Black Growler with yellow eyes!
Think I like that more than the one with sunglasses 👍🏻
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
basher

Post by basher »

DaddyDarren wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:28 am
MANTOT3 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:52 pm Well done Basher, that’s what the F Type brakes should have looked like from the word GO!

Well said. You made the correct decision Kev. Nothing could replace the F-Type. Glad to see you invest in your future!

Alasdair has the same PB Brake set up on his SVR. Corrie Grey with Gloss Orange calipers. As Kev’s, they look superb 👌
Thanks Darren and Mantot3.

Yes, I came very close many times to selling my car over the last 2 years. So glad I didn't.

Question now is... what will my next mod be? 🤔😁
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Deleted User 3477

Post by Deleted User 3477 »

Hello

Love the brakes .. have been on their website to have a look
Looks like you can retain the electronic parking brake as well ? is this correct
all the best

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post