PB big brake kit fitted to my 400 Sport

Anything F-Type related......
basher

Post by basher »

My 1st ever car mod... replaced my stock F-Type performance brakes with PB Brakes big brake kit, fitted by Hendy Performance.

Drilled and slotted rotors (380mm front, 376mm rear), with big yellow calipers (8-pot front, 6-pot rear) finished in yellow to match my 400 Sport yellow accents.

So pleased with how they look. 😍

#Ftype #400sport #jaguaruk #ftypenation #pbbrakes #hendyperformance

Edit:
Still unable to upload 8 pics from Instagram, so here are 4 of the originals off my phone, with no cropping/filters. They're large files. Sorry.

20220121_130336.jpg

20220121_130618.jpg

20220121_130649.jpg

20220121_130303.jpg

Last edited by basher on Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

basher

Post by basher »

I can't attach pics... tried on both my phone and laptop... every time I upload them, I get a nice big red triangle against the image. Hmmm.

scm

Post by scm »

Maybe there's a size limit - have you tried resizing to about 2000 pixels on the longest side?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
basher

Post by basher »

They're already rezized.. only about 50K each. I'm attaching Instagram pics... done this many times before!

Edit:
I can upload the original pics from phone at ~4Mb each, but not images saved to my Instagram folder.

I've always been able to upload them before! πŸ€”
Last edited by basher on Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scm

Post by scm »

Weird. Hope you can figure it out - I wanna see the pics!
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Sounds like a great match to the 400 accents! What's the difference otherwise? Didn't your car already have brakes of the same size?
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupΓ© RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
basher

Post by basher »

MajorTom wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:52 pm Sounds like a great match to the 400 accents! What's the difference otherwise? Didn't your car already have brakes of the same size?
Yes, rotors were the same size, but solid steel and very boring. Calipers were much smaller. The new brakes also have Hawk pads, so hopefully much less dust!

scm

Post by scm »

How did the mod affect your insurance, basher? You'd think putting bigger brakes on would make you safer, but I bet the insurers will think it'll just make you drive faster!
basher

Post by basher »

scm wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:41 pm How did the mod affect your insurance, basher? You'd think putting bigger brakes on would make you safer, but I bet the insurers will think it'll just make you drive faster!
Not called them yet... thx for the reminder!

Some pics now attached to original post... unfortunately not the beautifully edited ones from Instagram, but the large originals off my phone!

Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Will be interested to hear how you get on with them in the medium and long-term. I'm interested in swapping out the brakes on mine primarily because I'm staggered at how awkward Jaguar made pad replacement on the standard calipers. On my old 200SX it was "pop out this retaining clip, slide out the old pads, push the pistons back in, slide the new pads in". It took as long to jack the car up and secure with axle stands as it did to change the pads. Oh and also interested to know what the new calipers weigh compared to the old ones, as any saving there is a handy bonus. But really, it's just to make changing pads simple because at some point I know I'm going to lose interest in using the main dealer for 'basic jobs' and I plan on keeping the car as long as it will keep running.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post