Alarm malfunction – No audible single beep when double locking

Anything F-Type related......
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Had the diagnostic done at my local independent which showed ‘B1D17-96 Permanent fault – Battery backed sounder’.

This concurs with the Jaguar TOPIx Diagnosis & Testing information I have which says......‘B1D17-96 Battery backed sounder – Component internal failure’.

Ordered the part this morning from main dealer (part number C2D47174 - priced at £124) so I’ll be fitting it when time and weather permits.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Glad you found the problem
Might be a bit late, but the part is a standard JLR item for many cars

£49.99 here and £5 shipping - in stock
https://www.prestigecarpartsuk.com/prod ... 2219g229ba
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Thanks 👍

I’ve already seen it, but what put me off is the manufacture date of 13/11/2014 which is shown on the rear image of the sounder. I’ve also seen others which are cheaper.

As my car is a 2016 model and the battery back-up security sounder has a ‘Component internal failure’ I’m not taking any chances. This is why I ordered a new one from the main dealer (£124) which comes with a 2 year warranty.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Glad you got to the bottom of the problem and it was a cheap fix
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Cheers 👍

I’ll be posting the fitment info after I’ve done the job.....always handy to refer to.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

RPSN wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:30 pm Thanks 👍

I’ve already seen it, but what put me off is the manufacture date of 13/11/2014 which is shown on the rear image of the sounder. I’ve also seen others which are cheaper.

As my car is a 2016 model and the battery back-up security sounder has a ‘Component internal failure’ I’m not taking any chances. This is why I ordered a new one from the main dealer (£124) which comes with a 2 year warranty.
I believe they are all the same and have been fitted on various JLR's since 2009, but if you're more comfortable with a 2 year warranty then that's a sensible spend. You're saving the labour in any event :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Even if they are the same, some of them are susceptible to ‘Component internal failure’ as time goes by (including mine).

The extra £70 or so and a 2 year warranty on a new main dealer part is definitely worthwhile in my opinion.

As you say, I’m saving on labour charges anyway. This more than makes up for the extra £70 (approx) spent on the new part :)
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

I’ve removed the faulty battery back-up security sounder (BBUS) and replaced it with a brand new one that I bought from my Jaguar main dealer.

All is working perfectly and I’m now getting the single audible beep when double locking, no two beeps when unlocking (this was an error tone indicating a fault with one of the security sensors – mine being the BBUS), and the tilt sensor (incorporated into the sounder) now triggers the alarm when the car is double locked then jacked up.

For those who may have the same fault and prefer to DIY, I’ve explained how I did it here (includes plenty of pics which are numbered for reference).....

‘Battery back-up security sounder - Removal and replacement’ viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6114
Last edited by RPSN on Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Brendub

Post by Brendub »

Well done thanks for posting.
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Brendub wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:09 am Well done thanks for posting.
👍
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views