Convertible F type but no garage

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

Jaguandy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:59 am As you probably know, the first two number plate digits are regional identifiers. So OY, OY etc are Oxford; V... etc Severn Valley. When a car has one of these, it does not necessarily mean it's been a fleet or track car, it does pay to be cautious. Condition is most important as a car registered elsewhere could have been neglected or ragged far more than one of the aforementioned.
Mine is an OV that was allegedly driven by a JLR manager. it had done a massive 1,300 miles in a year and certainly doesn't give any hint that it's been abused. My guess is they lived close to the office!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

AJ13

Post by AJ13 »

My mate has hired for weekends three separate Ftypes over the last 2 years - a 3.0s, a V8s and the latest was a V8R.
All have been very low mileage cars - not sure who they leasing company was, but imagine being the "second" owner of one of these "hire" cars.
Needless to say they probably arent treated well by the persons who hire them for a fancy weekend.

OP - dont give up hope, your budget is good.
I had given up hope of finding one in my spec and started looking at Alfa Quadrafuglies . Then woke up one morning and noted the ideal car had just been listed less than 30 miles away. Car was bought at 1pm that day.
IRR V8S. (Maybe going soon).
Macan turbo ..wifes.
Sunny Scotland based.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Mine was an OV reg, one named owner and has been brilliant for the four years I've owned it. Very high options spec, too.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

I’m sure someone on this forum unknowingly purchased an ex-JLR F-Type. Then came across it being rag-dolled on a YT video. Think he sent it back.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Paul J

Post by Paul J »

DaddyDarren wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:28 pm I’m sure someone on this forum unknowingly purchased an ex-JLR F-Type. Then came across it being rag-dolled on a YT video. Think he sent it back.
Ouch
2017 Convertible British Design Edition V6S AWD. UltraBlue.

Link to car:- viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6130 :mrgreen:
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Mine was an OY reg, ex Paragon, which I bought outside the dealer network (at the right price). It has given me no hassle so far (touch wood) during the last 2.1/2 years of ownership and I'm very happy with it. So I suppose what I'm saying is that if you come across a car with the right spec, colour, desired extras etc. I wouldn't necessarily let an OY/Paragon history be a deal-breaker.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

Mine is an OV. When I bought it it had the old style V5, which showed current & previous owners. Both were people rather than organisations, so I gambled that it probably hadn’t been a hire car.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post