Convertible F type but no garage

Anything F-Type related......
Paul J

Post by Paul J »

Jaguandy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:08 am You could ask car upholstery companies if the burn is something they can invisibly mend?
Can they do this without it looking funny? A costly job I imagine?
2017 Convertible British Design Edition V6S AWD. UltraBlue.

Link to car:- viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6130 :mrgreen:

Paul J

Post by Paul J »

Paul J wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:00 pm
simpleR wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:16 pm If you have the regs I can look any history and get the VINS.

The blue v6 has a DVLA CODE 0007 on it which means it was on a private/cherished plate before so would need the previous reg.
The white v8 the reg is not on the advert.
Thanks. I have the V8R Vin: SAJAL67P7GMK20676

The reg number on the Jag service history is BA11UGO - although this comes up on GOV website as a black BMW X3?
The reg the dealer has sent is V015 DOU - The car doesnt seem to show up

Paul J

Post by Paul J »

White V8R.pdf
(648.25 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
See top left the reg says BA11 UGO but this comes up as a BWM x3

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Paul J wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:09 pm The reg the dealer has sent is V015 DOU - The car doesnt seem to show up
BA11UGO was transferred to a BLACK BMW X3 XDRIVE30D M SPORT AUTO

V015 DOU was previously owned by someone on here!
viewtopic.php?t=3211

There are posts are here but they have not been online since October - some issues on this car to go through.
search.php?author_id=2074&sr=posts

"V" plate cars are typically press or track cars, this one was registered by Jaguar and then went to Paragon Fleet Solutions. It then was in London before going to Belfast and then came back to England.

I cannot find anything online for this car but as an example here is a Jaguar "V" plate car being tested alongside a Paragon Fleet Solutions "O" plate car.
Example - https://www.motorverso.com/portfolio-it ... -type-v8r/
Example - https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ja ... awd-review
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Paul J

Post by Paul J »

simpleR wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:45 pm
Paul J wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:09 pm The reg the dealer has sent is V015 DOU - The car doesnt seem to show up
BA11UGO was transferred to a BLACK BMW X3 XDRIVE30D M SPORT AUTO

V015 DOU was previously owned by someone on here!
viewtopic.php?t=3211

There are posts are here but they have not been online since October - some issues on this car to go through.
search.php?author_id=2074&sr=posts

"V" plate cars are typically press or track cars, this one was registered by Jaguar and then went to Paragon Fleet Solutions. It then was in London before going to Belfast and then came back to England.

I cannot find anything online for this car but as an example here is a Jaguar "V" plate car being tested alongside a Paragon Fleet Solutions "O" plate car.
Example - https://www.motorverso.com/portfolio-it ... -type-v8r/
Example - https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ja ... awd-review

Thanks so much for this. You mention track cars, this maybe makes sense then as it has been fitted with ceramic brakes? I have read the previous owners posts, seems he did have some issues with it in 2019.

Paul J

Post by Paul J »

Carrying on with this thread, has anyone driven a V8s and a v8R? Is there much difference between the two in terms of power and engine note? Having heard the R fire up, it immediately made me decide the v6 was no longer an option.

I am a bit put off the one that simpleR has checked. Before I went to see the car (I drove over 3 hours and stayed overnight), the dealer told me on the phone that there were some 'marks' on the hood, but this was all, clearly this was not true as it had a cigarette burn on the hood. Makes me question honesty somewhat, although they are now saying they will fix the burn if I purchase the car.

Kind of wondering if there isnt too much difference between the R and V8S, then I should maybe narrow my search to the V8 only. Looking at prices at the moment, most of the V8r's on Autotrader (2015 plates) are sitting around the 49k mark where I could pick up a nice V8s with low mileage for around 41- 42k. Thats a substantial saving, unless I really want the R badge and all that comes with it.

I Keep going back to this one but it is an old model, albeit very low mileage (13k) and my favourite colour spec https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... posit=true

Guess I will keep searching

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

SimpleR. When you say Paragon fleet , do this mean the car has been rented or a hired car driven by multiple drivers
Paul J

Post by Paul J »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:56 pm SimpleR. When you say Paragon fleet , do this mean the car has been rented or a hired car driven by multiple drivers
Multiple employees??

Paul J

Post by Paul J »

I am starting to wonder that something doesn't quite add up? It is one of the most stunning cars I have seen (i know the red interior can be marmite to some), but it has been for sale since November 2021 (sale or return on behalf of the owner) and it hasn't sold yet.

There could be multiple reasons for this however.

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

I am sure I read a few year back that a group of owners who had bought cars with the OV were claiming a suit against car dealers saying they had been sold cars driven by more than one owner than claimed to be at point of sale

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post