Buying a second key...

Anything F-Type related......
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

I looked hard and long to get an irr with the spec I wanted I am also biased itโ€™s the best coulour for me thanks Tony ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20โ€ carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Scenes

Post by Scenes »

I must say, a stunning example.

I'll reach out to them, thanks!
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

Where abouts in Yorkshire are you yes he did a fantastic job ๐Ÿ‘
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20โ€ carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Great pics both , could any right thinking person ever get tired of the shape of an F , no !
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
Scenes

Post by Scenes »

Sorry for delay, Iโ€™ve been stacked with work!

Iโ€™m based in Holmfirth. Iโ€™ve got the car going into Jag dealer for a service in a couple of weeks, then Iโ€™ll be looking for the detail later in May ready for spring/summer!

Iโ€™m also keen to hear thoughts on any independent garages recommended in the area, Iโ€™ve got real mixed reviews from my local jag and it seems to be the luck of who you get, rather than a consistent experience from a great indie. Perhaps another thread, or Iโ€™ll search through these great forums.

Gave it a wash at the weekend, a couple more pics for those asking.

917B25C4-C233-4197-8682-1E15D3E1BD21.jpeg

688665A2-E82C-4D15-B3C8-9A181F8AA11D.jpeg

6F53FA8D-B748-498E-8B19-6C4B7F5019A6.jpeg

Scenes

Post by Scenes »

simpleR wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:27 pm As a guide, if I put my car into used.jaguar.co.uk as part of a trade in, the used price they will offer me drops by ยฃ600 if I say I only have 1 key.

Up to you what you do. My opinion would be:
If your keeping it and/or have the InControl Remote feature (so you can open the car from your phone) and/or your good at not losing things or keeping the car anyway then perhaps live with one key, you have so far.

If your going to sell it/trade it in the future then you'll get the majority of the investment back as a higher resale value so you could do it now.
Is it possible to upgrade to InControl? Out of curiosity, that might make a lot more sense?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I don't know whether your car, number 17340, was originally spec'ed with InControl features or not or whether it was continued after the first 3 years lapsed.

That would be one for Jaguar dealer or customer care team to advise.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Scenes

Post by Scenes »

Thanks anyway for the response mate!
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

As far as I know, Incontrol Secure and Incontrol Remote are independent of each other. When I bought my car (MY16) I downloaded the Jaguar Remote app to my phone and, with a bit of help from my local dealer pairing me as the new owner on Jaguar's system and having paid the annual InControl Remote subscription, I can now lock/unlock or start the car from my phone.

In other words, I don't think a prior subscription to Incontrol is necessary to get it up and running as a new owner.

Hope this helps with your key dilemma!
V6S Coupรฉ, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Scenes

Post by Scenes »

NavigatorNI wrote: โ†‘Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:53 am As far as I know, Incontrol Secure and Incontrol Remote are independent of each other. When I bought my car (MY16) I downloaded the Jaguar Remote app to my phone and, with a bit of help from my local dealer pairing me as the new owner on Jaguar's system and having paid the annual InControl Remote subscription, I can now lock/unlock or start the car from my phone.

In other words, I don't think a prior subscription to Incontrol is necessary to get it up and running as a new owner.

Hope this helps with your key dilemma!
Thanks! Maybe a conversation for the dealership when I take her down for the service in a couple of weeks.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post