Picked up my new f type today! Question about exhaust tone.

Anything F-Type related......
Paul J

Post by Paul J »

So drove her home today! A lovely sunny three hour drive back to Suffolk.

Car drove perfectly, but I have a quick question about snap crackle and pop.

Tried all the modes, dynamic, sport and snow etc, using flappy paddles etc and then without. Had a real blast!

However, I am only getting the pops and bangs when lifting off the throttle when in manual mode (ie using paddles), no pops and bangs to speak of when lifting off throttle in automatic mode.

Just checking this is normal?
2017 Convertible British Design Edition V6S AWD. UltraBlue.

Link to car:- viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6130 :mrgreen:

Blenky

Post by Blenky »

Don’t no if that’s normal, in mine svr when I shut off in Manuel I get all the pops and bangs especially when coming down from 3000 rpm , but maybe svr is different to a v6s , but enjoy 🙏
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Never drive in auto , only use paddles , so pops occur when changing up or down and when reducing revs , a smile a second using the exhaust flaps open button .
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Did you try liftoff in automatic sport+dynamic? I'm pretty sure it crackles and pops a lot in that mode too.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

My V6 would pop and crackle in either manual or auto, when lifting off or feathering, it made no difference. Although upshifts would only crack when using the paddles. It did seem to learn the mood you were in on a journey, as it would do it more readily once provoked.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

I have a 4 so may not be relevant but mine will pop and crackle in Dynamic mode Auto if accelerating really quickly, foot to the floor style, or when over revving by lifting my foot and it goes down through the gears.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Paul J

Post by Paul J »

So went out in the sun today. Getting more used to the car now and how it feels. Wow - the AWD is a great addition IMO, it tears round corners with no slipping at all.

I am now getting cracks and pops in sport mode (and with dynamic switched on) without using the paddles (ie in Automatic mode). And, getting pops and bangs whilst upshifting and lifting off the gas when using the paddles (manual shifts)

Very impressed (although some of the older folk in the village have already been complaining about the noise) ha ha!
2017 Convertible British Design Edition V6S AWD. UltraBlue.

Link to car:- viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6130 :mrgreen:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post