400 Sport Climate 2 option

Anything F-Type related......
Storini

Post by Storini »

Am currently in a BMW Z4 and am interested in the 400 Sport (used). I think I might like it with the Climate 2 option, but in the ad's it usually isn't clear whether the car has this or not. Is there any visual clue in the photographs, e.g. buttons, as to this? Or maybe an online record of the original order specification? Cheers!

NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

I presume you mean the dual zone climate? You can't tell just by looking, unless a photo of the dash shows a different temperature in each display. A copy of the original build spec would tell you if it was specified when new. However LR Retrofits in Essex can activate it retrospectively, discussed in the topic below:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4902&start=20
If Essex is too far away, Mo at LR Retrofits may be able to do it remotely via an independent closer to you. He was able to do this for me, Northern Ireland being a reasonably long way from Essex!
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Storini

Post by Storini »

Ah, I think the answer may be that if the seat leather has perforations then it has the cooling as well as heating feature.
kevc

Post by kevc »

That's two different things.

Dual zone climate is the ability to have different temperatures on the driver and passenger sides of the car (shown on the temp dials below the infotainment screen).
Heated and cooled seats are a separate option (shown on the same dial just above the temperature reading).
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
scm

Post by scm »

Storini wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:53 pm Ah, I think the answer may be that if the seat leather has perforations then it has the cooling as well as heating feature.
And if you have a wide switch next to the defrost you don't have a heated front screen. With a heated front screen that wide switch becomes two, one each for front and rear glass heating.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Geeboy360

Post by Geeboy360 »

Think this was standard fit to all 400 sport models.
400 sport RWD Convertible in silver
Low n loud!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Geeboy360 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:52 am Think this was standard fit to all 400 sport models.
Nope. I don't have it.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Geeboy360

Post by Geeboy360 »

I stand corrected! 😝
400 sport RWD Convertible in silver
Low n loud!
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

Storini wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:53 pm Ah, I think the answer may be that if the seat leather has perforations then it has the cooling as well as heating feature.
Mine has perforated leather but not cooled seats, so I don’t think that helps.

I don’t think there is an obvious indicator of cooled seats, unless the temperature control displays show something different from other cars when the ignition is on.
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post