Service Cost

Anything F-Type related......
01286p

Post by 01286p »

I would love to know where the prices that Kdes shows come from as I have just used his link and Hatfields Shrewsbury is showing a Promotional 5 year Price of £664.37 as opposed to £455.40 on his schedule ,
Surely all Jaguar Main dealer prices should be the same or is it a case of catch as catchcan ?

MY2017 V6S Coupe

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The Jaguar dealers are all franchises.

My 5th service - Oil and Plugs (Inc VAT)

At Beadles would be £705 + £56 for MOT

At Inchcape which is where I go anyway it's £385 + £40 for MOT and free courtesy car.

Rybrook would £149 for the oil change but never got a price for plugs.

Local independent was £444 all in but no courtesy car.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Indeed, and some are taking the proverbial. My local one wanted to charge over £1K for the 2nd service on my P450 ....

(emphasis on 'wanted to')
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Hi All,

Just had my SVR serviced at an Indy - was a 5 year service which included spark plugs.

Looking at the invoice there are two line items for air filter

Air Filter Qty 1.00
Air Filter Qty 1.00

I was charged for both - is this an error or does the FType have two air filters

There is also a line item for cabin filter so it's not that.

Just wanted to check before going back to the Indy

Edit - just checked online and there are two - one for each bank.

So the service cost including plugs, cabin filter, air filters, oil filters, oil was £694. I think that is reasonable for an SVR 5 year service with plugs.

The labour cost with the Indy I used is £50 per hour plus VAT so £60 per hour.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Probably a good price. I took out the 5 year service plan when I bought my V6 new and I remember the dealer saying the last service was a big one, something like the upper end of the £700's, if I were to be paying for it myself, which didn't include plugs from memory.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Think so - the big advantage for me was that my nearest main dealer is 25 miles away - this Indy is less than 3 miles away with courtesy car if booked in advance - but with it being so close decided to drop off night before and have a stroll home then a walk back today. Some exercise thrown in to boot!
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

I think £694 is a fair price, you had a lot of work done, you can easily check as most parts prices are on line some where and the invoice should state how many hours, would think 4 to 5 hours sounds about right as the plugs are a job and half to get at.

you should check the age year and mileage service schedule to see if gear box and diff needed changing.
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

I've looked online and can't find the prices quoted above by Kdes. Can anyone help with a link ? My local dealer is quoting £402 (inc Vat) for the 84 month 112000 mile service
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

It's ok. I found it
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Madlil

Post by Madlil »

Resurrecting this thread. Have Jaguar stopped doing fixed price servicing now as I can’t see any pricing online? I have had a quote for a service plan via installments which totals £848 for the 96k/6 year and 112k/7 year services on a 2 year plan. Car is a 2019 P380 V6 AWD - it was serviced 2 weeks ago when I bought it at Stratstone Nottingham.

Would be keen to get thoughts on whether a service plan offers any value, or is it about spreading the cost?
2019 F Type Convertible P380 AWD Indus Silver
2023 Tesla Model Y

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post