Space saver wheel and tools

Anything F-Type related......
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

Hi Picked up my 2020 380 convertible today. It has a red spare in the boot and nothing else. No jack, wheel nut wrench, towing eye. Just the locking nut key. What should it have and where would it be?. I have taken the boot floor out and nothing.
What is the point of a space saver wheel in a F Type convertible? If you need to fit it, what do you do with the punctured wheel? leave it in the bushes and pick it up later in a bigger car?

I am going to get a gunk and pump kit anyway, and leave the wheel at home. however it would have been nice to have a tool kit.

The non Jaguar dealer says he will order what's missing, WHAT actually is missing?
2020 F Type, Ultimate Black (Santorini) convertible. R Dynamic 3.0 RWD. Extended Winsor Ebony Leather pack. Spooky private plate. 20in wheels.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

My reckoning is that everything you’ve stated is correct - bar the fact that you should have a towing eye (LH thread).
So when you get a puncture you phone Jag Assistance and the AA come along, fit your spare using their jack, and then give your punctured wheel a lift to your destination or a local garage of your choice.
Good eh 🙄
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

Thanks Luna, that makes a lot of sense.
The hand book shows a tool kit in the spare wheel. Would have been nice to have a jack for wheel cleaning purposes though.
2020 F Type, Ultimate Black (Santorini) convertible. R Dynamic 3.0 RWD. Extended Winsor Ebony Leather pack. Spooky private plate. 20in wheels.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

I always carry my Makita 18V Pump. Also have the foam but if emergency, good for a quick pump to get to a safer place. Obviously useless if full blowout 😄

https://makitauk.com/product/dmp180z
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post