Adding extra leg room ..... to my F-Type 2016 Convertible

Anything F-Type related......
GreyKat2016

Post by GreyKat2016 »

Greetings to all ...... As some of you may know... the seat back has a 'clothes hook' attached.

My investigation has reveled it is attached with Two machine screws from the inside of the
Seat back out to the exterior hook threaded inserts. Could pick up and added 1".

Has anyone delete with this issue?

I am 6'4" tall and it is a tight squeeze get in and out.... Yiks....esp with Top up.....

Do advise, thank you. Craig in Denver, Colorado. 8-)

Buildermike

Post by Buildermike »

I’m only 5,10 and would like a bit more length.
Loved your idea.

But I did just go and check. Not sure it will give you anything. The hook goes in to a slot in the seat.
I do have the sports seats.

47127417-0438-4BBB-AE99-9B03FA7C9F39.jpeg

0C24E835-AD3A-4D78-91A4-7B0C200C1D54.jpeg

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Mike, you don’t have the (standard fit) Sports seats, you have the optional upgraded Performance seats.

Craig, if you adjust the seat fully backwards and get your hand down the back of the seat you will feel there is still a small gap between the hook and the seat.
If your hook does touch then try moving the seat back more upright until you can feel the seat hit the rear adjustment stops.
As such taking the hook off will not result in having more leg room - you would need to also modify the seat runner stops and maybe runners. This would be a “right pain” to do I would imagine.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post