Replacement centre wheel caps

Anything F-Type related......
alistair64

Post by alistair64 »

Hi again,
a small thing that is bugging me on my new car is slight corrosion on the outside of the small wheel centre caps.
I see they are available on Ebay, either genuine ones or copies.
Ideally I'd like blue ones to match the colour of the car, as I know the standard ones are black.
Would you guys definitely go for genuine Jag ones as oppose to the much cheaper copies?
I haven't seen genuine blue ones, only red.
Does anyone have a link to ones that fit correctly and are actually fit for the job?
If not blue, any other colour would be ok.

Thanks
Deep Sapphire Blue 2014 Convertible S

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

No good link I'm afraid and it's been a few years since I last bought some caps but then the only good option was genuine red ones because they were the only ones with the right design. That said, pay attention to the design of the growler if you go for some copies or some other colour than red.

The design changed in 2014 or so, so only very early F-Types had black ones with the old more rounded growler (and an old style black growler in the grille) which you usually see on the knock-offs in different colours.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Quite a few online such as this.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500361 ... Redirect=y

Jaguar official ones are red, union jack (silver/black) and carbon fibre.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

SB Wheels has a good selection https://www.sbwheels.store/centre-caps but alas, no blue. I've had cheap ones from ebay but found they peeled and don't always fit snuggly, so be aware.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

I got my F Type a year ago, around my birthday , the salesman gave me the blue Union jag pack as a gift
Centre and dust caps and side step plate as the car is blue

D315738E-C681-41F9-91D0-6CF4AA8E7C8D.jpeg

Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

So you have blue Union Jack caps on a French blue car??
Sacre bleu!!
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

alistair64 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:57 pm Hi again,
a small thing that is bugging me on my new car is slight corrosion on the outside of the small wheel centre caps.
I see they are available on Ebay, either genuine ones or copies.
Ideally I'd like blue ones to match the colour of the car, as I know the standard ones are black.
Would you guys definitely go for genuine Jag ones as oppose to the much cheaper copies?
I haven't seen genuine blue ones, only red.
Does anyone have a link to ones that fit correctly and are actually fit for the job?
If not blue, any other colour would be ok.

Thanks
I tried some aftermarket eBay ones. They looked alright but the fitting was so bad they span round the alloy. In the end I just bought some genuine ones off eBay.
Loaded MY16 F-Type R AWD Coupe 8-)

viewtopic.php?p=58031#p58031
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

simpleR wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:01 pm Quite a few online such as this.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500361 ... Redirect=y

Jaguar official ones are red, union jack (silver/black) and carbon fibre.
All those, except the union jack ones, have the old pre 2014 growler and font, which would be a no go for someone with OCD like me. ;) A bit odd really that aftermarket ones with the current design seem so rare.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
alistair64

Post by alistair64 »

Ok, thanks for the replies.
It sounds like I need to go for genuine ones which match the growler on the caps already fitted.
One other thing... I've just tried to prise one off with my nails but to no avail.
Please don't tell me you have to remove the damn wheels just to get the centre caps off (without damaging the wheel of course)? :cry:
Deep Sapphire Blue 2014 Convertible S
scm

Post by scm »

I believe some folks have managed to remove them with a credit card, or similar. I've never got that lucky and always had to bang them out from the back. You don't want them to come out too easily, of course!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post