Supermarket Super Unleaded

Anything F-Type related......
alistair64

Post by alistair64 »

Interesting replies, so the conclusion I've drawn is to use Tesco Momentum 99.
I'm not sure what octane level Sainsbury's super unleaded is, but I don't think it's as high as 99.
Fuel additives seem to be a no-no, but I'm still undecided as to the occasional injector cleaner in the tank.
I guess this is still an additive, but if they do truly clean the injectors, I can't see there being a problem as it's a preventative measure for the future.
I do get some white smoke on startup after the car has been sitting for a few days, so I really do want to do something about this until the injectors start getting blocked and I have running problems.
There are plenty of threads on fuel injector cleaners, so I think I need to read a few.
Deep Sapphire Blue 2014 Convertible S

davidd

Post by davidd »

A few years ago when I was running a Nissan GTR, there was a chap on the forums who did tested a lot of fuel and concluded that the best for that car was tesco momentum as long as it was a busy station... Not sure how he measured it all but there was a degree of science and some basic hooning involved. I've always user tesco momentum or shell v power.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post