Discounted OEM parts - anywhere please?

Anything F-Type related......
alistair64

Post by alistair64 »

As the subject says, are there any JLR dealers or other companies where we can buy genuine parts at discounted prices?
I know with my previous car, an S2000, the guys on the forum made me aware of a couple of dealers who supplied mail order parts at prices less than you'd get walking into your local dealer's.
I want to replace those black plastic panels that protrude downwards below the front valance and are always the first things to scrape on speed humps, etc.
Every car I've seen has scraped ones, so I'm not OCD on this, but mine have had a particularly rough life.
I'm sure there are other parts I will need too, like a new start/stop button.
Thanks.
Deep Sapphire Blue 2014 Convertible S

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

SNG Barratt were offering 15% discount on parts collected at the Brooklands show last weekend. I've seen them advertise this before for various upcoming events. Obviously it only saves money if it's an event you were going to anyway.

The parts dept at my local dealer usually knocks off 10% if I ask. This makes them very slightly cheaper than the main online shops and most parts can also be collected the next morning.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
alistair64

Post by alistair64 »

Thanks, Mick.
Seems like I need to be a bit cheeky then and ask for a small discount :D
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

All the JLR dealers around me (Midlands) give 10% straight off parts for both current F Type, Evoque and previously XF, just for asking. Some do more if it's a big spend.
Also search eBay. Lot's of dealers sell stock that way at good prices

As an aside I sand the lower edge of the air deflectors if I have the misfortune to ground part of it
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
alistair64

Post by alistair64 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:42 am All the JLR dealers around me (Midlands) give 10% straight off parts for both current F Type, Evoque and previously XF, just for asking. Some do more if it's a big spend.
Also search eBay. Lot's of dealers sell stock that way at good prices

As an aside I sand the lower edge of the air deflectors if I have the misfortune to ground part of it
Thanks, I'm in Daventry so Midlands dealers will be the ones I use too (probably Guy Salmon in Cov.)
So that's what those sticking down black plastic panels are called...air deflectors, at least I now know.
Speed hump scrapers are what they really are and I think mine are beyond sanding down.
Is there an online parts diagram for our cars, or will it be a case of going into a dealer and describing what I'm after?
I have a feeling they are going to be extortionately priced :o
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

This is a US site, but it does provide part numbers.

https://www.jaguarparts.com/

The parts depts will use your reg or vin number to identify the correct item to order for the specific model/year.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

mickjaguar wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:40 pm This is a US site, but it does provide part numbers.

The parts depts will use your reg or vin number to identify the correct item to order for the specific model/year.
That's a quality site, super helpful having the exploded drawings of the different parts.
alistair64

Post by alistair64 »

Mr.Tea wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:29 pm
mickjaguar wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:40 pm This is a US site, but it does provide part numbers.

That's a quality site, super helpful having the exploded drawings of the different parts.
Agreed, so thanks again Mick.
Just a case now of identifying the parts required.
Will bookmark this site for sure.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Sturgess Jaguar Leicester is a great dealer to start with. Independent family owned. Their parts team are very helpful. Actually supplied me lots of F type parts for some of the conversion work I’ve done from 400 sills to bumper parts and serviced my XF and partly the F Type
Should be a reasonable distance..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
alistair64

Post by alistair64 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:00 pm Sturgess Jaguar Leicester is a great dealer to start with. Independent family owned. Their parts team are very helpful. Actually supplied me lots of F type parts for some of the conversion work I’ve done from 400 sills to bumper parts and serviced my XF and partly the F Type
Should be a reasonable distance..
Great, then that's the one I will use (and ask for a discount!) :)
Only half an hour away, so thanks for the recommendation.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post