anyone who has installed the carplay module...?

Anything F-Type related......
davidd

Post by davidd »

I was thinking about installing on as I have the HK system so it should be quite simple.

Any comments from anyone who has had one installed for a while? Worth the cash?
Any issues?
How hard is it to wire in the cable for the reverse camera?

Cheers

David

Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Definitely worth the money. I’ve had mine for 3?years with no problems. There was a post on the US forum about wiring the reverse camera, I haven’t done it. It’s easy enough to push the button for the camera so I haven’t bothered. Pretty sure that I read somewhere that later installations have the camera working?
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
davidd

Post by davidd »

Thanks I have ordered it, the reverse camera still needs a wire connecting to the reversing light so might investigate that later.

Cheers

D
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Some hints….
The pink plug on the head unit can be difficult to release. I cut a small bolt and taped it to my finger so as to push up the release toggle.
The phone must be connected to the idcore unit during set up. After that you don’t need it connected and the wireless connection should work.
Select Aux for the source.
Occasionally you might find that CarPlay is greyed out. Just switch on the phone to wake it up.
Usually with my phone in my pocket, CarPlay is displayed on the screen the moment I unlock the car.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
davidd

Post by davidd »

Thanks for the tip, that but was quite straightforward. I had to take the aux out from the unit and plug it into the aux in between the seats (which is not what the instructions said).
Where did you put your microphone?

Thanks

D
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

37517042-1542-45CA-8723-C24821E8A985.jpeg

It just pokes out from under the lid, works perfectly.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
davidd

Post by davidd »

Well thats a lot less faff, thanks will give that a try
jaysjag

Post by jaysjag »

Just installed mine last week, it’s really good! I was told the same thing with the camera but interestingly it does flick on and off when I put it in reverse, so it will be something that I will eventually have to sort out.
Have also noticed that the start button no longer lights up and also the next track buttons on the steering wheel doesn’t work!
Small price to pay though.
davidd

Post by davidd »

Mine flicks onto camera and back when in reverse. The must be a way to sort that.

Currently trying to work out how to get it to connect to the car with Bluetooth.
davidd

Post by davidd »

Mine flicks onto camera and back when in reverse. The must be a way to sort that.

Currently trying to work out how to get it to connect to the car with Bluetooth.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post