Service costs all over the place

Anything F-Type related......
ratbag

Post by ratbag »

Interesting experience with Jaguar dealers today. My P450 is due its 24 month service, which is oil and filter, air filter and brake fluid. Hardly major service territory. Logged into Jaguar Uk to book a service, and it gives 4 local dealers, each of which gives a 2 year service price online, which ranged from £850 to £1000. I then phoned each dealer up, without asking for a special deal just a normal 24 month service. Three of them, without being asked, quoted a price much less the official Jaguar online price, £650- £680. My local dealer, Jardines, refused to undercut the official Jaguar online price and refused to price match point blank. £926!! :o So I guess Sytners Maidstone get the job and the end of relationship with Jardines Tonbridge! So short sighted.......

Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I had much the same experience. I subsequently signed up for the 3-year service plan going forward, so that I know what it's going to cost in future.

I queried the original £1000+ quote, as the service itself is identical to the Y1 service but with a change of brake fluid (which the dealer charges £50 for) and the pollen filter. They were unable to explain why it was so expensive. I ended up paying under £600, but I can't remember the exact figure.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
nurgle

Post by nurgle »

Last week I had my 13 plate F type in for its 96 month/ 128K mile service. This is a big one assuming that changing belts etc makes it so.

Local independent. https://harrogatejagwar.co.uk/

Total £1200
Service belts checked and were replaced (dealer £992),
front brakes fluid pads and discs (dealer £772),
release and 'service' a stuck exhaust valve
re-fit the rear heat shield which had come loose. They fabricated the required bracket for that on site.

Seemed pretty reasonable and great to chat about the car for a few mins.

Rob
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

The initial quote for my 24 month service was quite high but when I questioned what it included they had automatically added servicing for the ceramic brakes which I don’t have. Mines a P380 but final price was £435.
leedsjag

Post by leedsjag »

nurgle wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:54 pm Last week I had my 13 plate F type in for its 96 month/ 128K mile service. This is a big one assuming that changing belts etc makes it so.

Local independent. https://harrogatejagwar.co.uk/

Total £1200
Service belts checked and were replaced (dealer £992),
front brakes fluid pads and discs (dealer £772),
release and 'service' a stuck exhaust valve
re-fit the rear heat shield which had come loose. They fabricated the required bracket for that on site.

Seemed pretty reasonable and great to chat about the car for a few mins.

Rob
So I'm looking to book my first service with my V8R, I'm based in Leeds. I was looking around for local Indies and saw your post above.

The last service (last November) before I bought it was 128000 miles / 96 months service, so I figure it's due 144000 miles / 108 months service.

According to the online system - it's actually the 108 month service (the one I'm due) that changes the belts. The 96 does mention brake fluid (oddly for ceramic only?) but also air filters, pollen filters etc.

My local main dealer (Leeds centre) is quoting £603 for the 96 which is listed as: -
128,000Mls/96 Months Service
Plug-drain
Plug-oil drain
Filter-oil
Filter-air particle
Element-aircleaner
Element-aircleaner
Oil final
Fluid-screen
3+ promotional oil

£603.29
And quoting £465 for the 108 including belts: -
144,000Mls/108 Months Service
Plug-drain
Filter-oil
Belt-drive
Belt-drive
Fluid-screen
3+ promotional oil

£465.59
£465 seems very reasonable for a main dealer service including ancillary belts.

So a couple of questions: -

* Have they changed when belts etc change, or is it different for V6/V8?
* How have you found service at Harrogate Jagwar? Is the pricing you paid expensive, or is the main dealer just reasonable?
* Has anyone used Leeds (Farnell/Vertu?) for servicing?

I'm not normally a main dealer person, but not found a lot of endorsements for Jaguar indies nearby, and for the car the main dealer pricing seems pretty reasonable.
2014 RWD R Coupe in Polaris White
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

If you are near an Inchcape main dealer they still have their special offer available. Service according to schedule at a fixed price of £385 which covers everything on the service schedule. (Not a great deal if you only need an oil change but great when you need diff, brake, transfer fluids and belts etc).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

simpleR wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:38 pm If you are near an Inchcape main dealer they still have their special offer available. Service according to schedule at a fixed price of £385 which covers everything on the service schedule. (Not a great deal if you only need an oil change but great when you need diff, brake, transfer fluids and belts etc).
^ This

Saved me a fortune (Inchape Derby) and it was one of the best dealer experiences I've ever had, miles better than Solihull, Coventry & Leicester
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Forgot we chatted about that on IM. Yours was oil, spark plugs and transfer case fluid if I recall. A great deal, let's hope Inchcape carry it on.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

mono-uk wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:08 pm
simpleR wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:38 pm If you are near an Inchcape main dealer they still have their special offer available. Service according to schedule at a fixed price of £385 which covers everything on the service schedule. (Not a great deal if you only need an oil change but great when you need diff, brake, transfer fluids and belts etc).
^ This

Saved me a fortune (Inchape Derby) and it was one of the best dealer experiences I've ever had, miles better than Solihull, Coventry & Leicester

Very pleasing to read this. Inchcape Derby serviced & MOT’d my pride & joy for a few years. Never any issue with them or the work carried out. Great communication but best of all car always seemed to drive quieter/smoother after picking it up. May have been trick of mind but would always highly recommend them 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

DaddyDarren wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:26 pm
mono-uk wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:08 pm
^ This

Very pleasing to read this. Inchcape Derby serviced & MOT’d my pride & joy for a few years. Never any issue with them or the work carried out. Great communication but best of all car always seemed to drive quieter/smoother after picking it up. May have been trick of mind but would always highly recommend them 👍
This is good news, Hatfield in Sheffield have quoted me over £800 for my service, we’ll worth the extra 30 miles for a saving like this
V8S
Lunar Grey
Viezu Upper Pulley & Remap
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post