Tyres

Anything F-Type related......
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

Rear near side tyre on my 400S is due for renewal.
All tyres are PPzeros which have let go several times on the roundabout at the bottom of the hill from my house.
Clearly MPS4S is the clear favourite but availability near me (Fareham) is non existent and coming up around 15-20% for the next nearest.
I will change both rears despite the nearside being 5mm.
Anyone recently fit MP4S near Pompey/Southampton and price paid?
What are the alternatives- I read previously Goodyear Supersports are a good option.
Note: the fronts (also PPzeros) are still 5-6mm so will be changed when required.
I don’t track the car and drive approx 6K/year
Any latest advice welcome
Russ
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel

scm

Post by scm »

I had a pair of PS4Ss fitted to the back of mine in April. Bought through Black Circles and mobile fitted by Halfords. £518.40 total. I had to get Mercedes marked tyres rather than the generics, though.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
davidd

Post by davidd »

How far are you from Micheldever ? They should be able to help.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Michelins come up as a available in Petersfield here

https://www.merityre.co.uk/tyres/search-results
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

scm wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:55 pm I had a pair of PS4Ss fitted to the back of mine in April. Bought through Black Circles and mobile fitted by Halfords. £518.40 total. I had to get Mercedes marked tyres rather than the generics, though.
Thanks 👍
BC coming up at £314 each for rears so a significant difference to what you paid
Can’t see the issue of fitting a MB only tyre, after all it’s the same tread pattern as the other MPS4S??
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

davidd wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:11 pm How far are you from Micheldever ? They should be able to help.
I’m happy to go to Micheldever, only around 25 miles away. However, they own Protyres and there is a branch in Fareham who say they are not available??
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I don't know how much real world difference* there is between the different OE-stickered versions of the tyres but Michelin's own web-site shows different wet-handling and rolling-resistance ratings for the non-OE and OE versions. Given that we have somewhat 'inclement' weather in the UK, I wanted to get the OE tyre but no dealer locally (or Blackcircles, or Protyre) could get one for me - the only place I could find that did them was Costco, but they wanted payment up-front and there was a 6-week wait for them (oh and I'd have to drive 40 miles each way to pay for them first, then do the same journey when the tyres arrived!)

pilot-sport.jpg

* in terms of the rolling resistance and wet-weather grading. I am aware of differences in the tyre structure, for example, in some sizes for BMW tyres.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I wasn't aware they did a 'J' spec for the PS4s (although there is for the PSS).

The 'standard" non-marque version would be my preference, I had them on my V6. Huge improvement over the Pirellis.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
01286p

Post by 01286p »

I have posted the below from Michelin.The tyres are NOT marked for Mercedes or other makes as I understand that the construction is tweaked for different makes.
Since fitting the driving experience has improved immensely as well as reducing tyre noise in the car,

The MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4 S appears as recommended summer tyre for your Jaguar F-Type. Please note that these tyres are not Jaguar homologated but in spite of this you can mount them.

We recommend going to a MICHELIN authorized dealer and providing the product number for the MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4 S for the front size, 255/35 ZR 20 97(Y) PILOT SPORT 4 S XL CAI (product number) 646881 and for the rear, 295/30 ZR 20 101(Y) PILOT SPORT 4 S XL CAI (product number) 835474. You can provide them the product number to make the search easier.

It is currently available in the front size, and for the rear it will become available from the 15th of February. We recommend contacting an authorized MICHELIN dealer who can provide information about prices and order this tyres directly from our warehouse. You can find a MICHELIN dealer through our dealer locator, https://www.michelin.co.uk/auto/dealer-locator

For additional information please contact us by email: contact@tc.michelin.eu, on our website http://www.michelin.co.uk/, our contact form http://www.michelin.co.uk/contact or by phone to 0845 366 1590 or 0845 366 1535.

MY2017 V6S RWD

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post