Interior trim come loose (see picture)

Anything F-Type related......
Paul J

Post by Paul J »

That is really helpful many thanks
2017 Convertible British Design Edition V6S AWD. UltraBlue.

Link to car:- viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6130 :mrgreen:

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

👍
Paul J wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:18 pm Got into the car today and noticed that the trim directly under the centre air vents (that raise up and down) has completely come loose on the right hand side.

Assuming it is just an issue with adhesive giving up, as feeling the back of the trim, it appears that this section is glued on during the factory process

Thinking about a fix - DIY job??? Any ideas and help appreciated.
Paul J wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:39 pm Perhaps just a strong glue, to stick it back down, although i am conscious that I dont want to put too much on as it to squeeze out onto the leather on the right hand side of the trim. The left hand side of the trim is fine and stick solid

Looking at your first pic and comparing it with my own, it does appear that the trim may have come away from the backing due to the adhesive giving up or the trim being forced (I'm inclined to think towards the latter). To reiterate, if the dealer etc recently fixed the centre vent operation on your car, they may have caused this damage in the process? If you feel that is the case, take it back to ask them to sort it out.

If not, and the trim has come away as explained, you can glue it back in place. Before doing this, you could remove the trim (easy enough to do) and check all is ok where it fits into position underneath. Also, you wouldn’t have to worry about any glue squeezing out onto the leather whilst the trim is off, although you don’t get that issue with contact adhesive which is correctly applied e.g. Evo-Stick etc.

Just had a quick look and the correct name for the trim is ‘Centre stack bezel’, as shown in the following link (item number 5). Click on the + symbol for the different variations.....they're quite pricey! https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post