Synchronise button missing on Climate screen

Anything F-Type related......
alistair64

Post by alistair64 »

As the subject states.
My Quick Start Guide shows a 'Synchronise' button on the touchscreen display of the climate settings.
It's shown at the bottom, underneath the upper and lower air vent controls.
I take it this would allow individual control of temperature by driver and passenger, which is what I want to do.
However, this button is not there on my touchscreen, so adjusting one temperature knob controls both left and right.

Is there a menu setting I need to adjust?
Thanks.
Deep Sapphire Blue 2014 Convertible S

scm

Post by scm »

Could be you don't have dual climate in your car options, which would explain the missing sync button.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
BobHarrington

Post by BobHarrington »

On my 2014 340 it was a factory optional extra to have independent temperature controls. I thought on the 380S it was standard equipment? But maybe not in 2014? I took my car to an independent expert who plugged in his lap top and altered it, so my heater controls are now independent. It was a very simple job (if you know how to do it) and he charged me £100 which I was happy with. My AD would not change the car from standard spec.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

As Bob says, some features are built in to all cars but disabled on certain versions to help push the options list and make the more expensive versions seem better value.
Dual temperature, cruise control, and speed limiter are the main ones. For the cruise you may need to add the RH control pack on the steering wheel, which is also straight-forward but can be included in the cost of the upgrade.
As this is just enabling the built in standard features you then get the soft screen button for the dual climate in the centre screen, and the info texts / symbols for the cruise / ASL in the driver’s info screen.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
alistair64

Post by alistair64 »

Thanks all, didn't realise it might be an option that simply isn't enabled on my car.
Not a big deal, so think I'll live with it for the time being.
Deep Sapphire Blue 2014 Convertible S
TonyV6S

Post by TonyV6S »

BobHarrington wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:28 pm On my 2014 340 it was a factory optional extra to have independent temperature controls. I thought on the 380S it was standard equipment? But maybe not in 2014? I took my car to an independent expert who plugged in his lap top and altered it, so my heater controls are now independent. It was a very simple job (if you know how to do it) and he charged me £100 which I was happy with. My AD would not change the car from standard spec.
Hi,

Just purchased my 2017 V6S and would like to upgrade to the independent temp controls. Would it be possible to provide me with the details of who did this for you.

Thanks
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Contact Mo at LR Retrofits, LR-Retrofits.co.uk Really helpful guy. He can do it for you either on site or, if you are not close to him he may be able to do it remotely via a visit to one of the independents with whom he works. This is what he did for me. When you're on his website you can look at some other options he can activate too 😉
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
BobHarrington

Post by BobHarrington »

Mo at LR Retrofits is the goto man ~ he did the independent heater controls and retrofitted cruise control/speed limiter, in under half an hour, and used genuine JLR parts ~ highly recommend.
TonyV6S

Post by TonyV6S »

Hi, I contacted Mo with a view to setting up a mutually convenient date time to perform the work as it will involve a near 500 mile round trip for me as there does not seem to be anyone 'up north' who does this kind of work. Unfortunately I have not received a response. I presume this is not a big ticket deal and there is enough local business without the hassle of arranging dates times with a long distance client, which is a shame.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post