Non OE spec tyres

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

So long as the tyres meet the required specfications for speed, weight, load, etc. you'll be fine. They may not give optimum performance but they'll meet your insurance requirements.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

scm wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:44 am So long as the tyres meet the required specfications for speed, weight, load, etc. you'll be fine. They may not give optimum performance but they'll meet your insurance requirements.
I agree with SCM that provided the spec meets the requirements then it's not an insurance issue.
Michelin warranty seems unlikely that you'd have a claim, but I can see how they would use it to avoid accepting one, but I agree on the other points re handling and wear, as per my earlier post
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

mickjaguar wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:49 pm It looks like ATS have the generic PS4s back in stock again.
On the website yes- paid for(£181/corner) and thought great.
£360 all in with fitting/disposal.
10 minutes later the local ATS centre rang to say there’s no stock and they are refunding my money 🤬
So back to looking for a set of front tyres!!
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

☹️
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Try Black Circles, get them sent to your ATS.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
scm

Post by scm »

When I used Black Circles I chose ATS to mobile fit my tyres. ATS didn't show up and I eventually found out they didn't think they could fit the tyres in their mobile van. They didn't bother to tell me, of course, that'd be good customer service. I eventually went with Halfords who did a great job mobile fitting for me -even pandered to my whims for centre cap and locking wheel nut alignment!
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

Jaguandy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:40 pm Try Black Circles, get them sent to your ATS.
Tried but none available. Apparently this isn’t an issue just with Michelins. 80% of Carbon Black which makes up the bulk of tyre compound is sourced from
Russia….
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel
Tel

Post by Tel »

OE spec...I know of brand spanking new F Types that P0's marked AMS on them, so kind of blows the belief I had about specific OEM tyres right out the window.

Personally, I have gone with Mich PS4S's, 10mm wider front and back and couldn't be happier. Stick like muck to a blanket!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scm

Post by scm »

Tel wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:57 am OE spec...I know of brand spanking new F Types that P0's marked AMS on them, so kind of blows the belief I had about specific OEM tyres right out the window.
Well, Astons are just expensive, not quite as good, Jaguars .... :lol:
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

KInd of strange that AMS tyres are more available than J tyres.
Surely there are more J cars than AMS cars??
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post