Dealer did it again!!!

Anything F-Type related......
Tel

Post by Tel »

Yep, exceeded my expectations!!!

When we bought the car new back in 2015, we purchased the JLR 5 year service plan.
This expired in 2019, but along with COVID and my work I just didn't manage to get round to having the final service done.

I spoke with Jaguar CRC and explained the situation and they tried, but failed miserably to honour the last service, even though the car had only 800 miles put on it since the last service and was only at 16K total miles for the 64K service. They quoted the fast that I should have had it done in 2019 and due it now being 2022, they woudl not cover it even as a 'Goodwill Gesture'.

Approached Matford Jaguar Landrover in Exeter and explained the situation and they couldn't have been more helpfull.
Not only would they cover the cost of the service, but also modify it to my particular wishes which were:

–Do not replace the cabin pollen filter - Ridiculous in a convertible anyway
–Do not replace both panel air filters - I have my own washable ITC filters fitted for better airflow

–Do, the obligatory oil and filter change - Drain the oil from the sump as opposed to vacuum
–Do another eDiff oil change - Was done at 13K miles - And take a sample of the eDiff oil so that I can get it analysed
–Also replace the cross braces with the updated Zinc plated items - Done under warranty
–Supply a detailed breakdown invoice (zero charge of course) for my cars massive history file
–Update and print the OSH.

It's a 1.5hr trek for us to get to this dealer, but a nice few hours out in Exeter City shopping to keep Mrs Tel happy! It's also a cracking drive along the A303/A30 where you can really stretch the legs!

So, hats off to Matford Jaguar Landrover, I can thoroughly recommend their services, coffee and biscuits!
https://www.helstongarages.co.uk/locati ... rd-jaguar/
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's