euro road laws for trip

Anything F-Type related......
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

is it still necessary to take a spare bulb kit for a euro road trip these days? not taking the f type but the car i am taking is led all round and xenon headlamps.
but of course try telling that to a local copper who cant or wont speak english and is chomping at the bit to issue a fine. im erring on the kind of safe side by taking a generic kit just to show but not one of them will fit !
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

It’s still a legal requirement but bonkers as you can’t change them easily. I doubt they would fine you for it though unless they’re looking for an excuse. I went through France recently and didn’t bother, only saw one cop car the whole trip.
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

oh well knowing my luck it will be me that stumbles across a whole platoon of em lol
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

According to the RAC it’s no longer mandatory to carry spare bulbs

I’m sure you’re aware of the many other rules, from country sticker to v5, etc., but the one I’ve been stopped in Spain for is having a high vis jacket for each person easily reachable inside the car. Thankfully was all ok as had 2 in the glove box.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

well thats interesting i was going to carry them all in the frunk! or front boot what ever its called . i suppose it makes sense being easily reachable mind you it will have to be behind the seats as you cant even get a glove in the glovebox !!!
scm

Post by scm »

Hotlurve wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:25 am well thats interesting i was going to carry them all in the frunk! or front boot what ever its called . i suppose it makes sense being easily reachable mind you it will have to be behind the seats as you cant even get a glove in the glovebox !!!
Hang 'em on the hooks behind the seats. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Haha - I agree - Not a of of spare space inside. The law makes sense. No point in being mandatory to wear a safety vest then have to wander around the car pulling out half the luggage to find them

I part vacation/live in South Spain and hire cars regularly. Easily distinguished alongside UK plated cars and it's common to have checkpoints to stop for drink drive/drugs and at same time check papers, safety vests and even down to wearing correct shoes to drive. I leave it to others to decide if it's easy money or safety, but far fewer Spanish cars are pulled

RAC link if it helps as some useful general rules and latest updates (scroll lower down for 'other items':

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/country/france/
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

that was useful …… many thanks

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post