Can anyone check a car for me as I'm 99% certain I'm buying I!

Anything F-Type related......
maddog1982

Post by maddog1982 »

Hi all, after a cheeky favour. Could anyone get any info on ng17zps please? And then let me know where I can send the beer to?! I initially discounted this as it has the chrome and the standard seats and wheels.. However, jag have offered to add the black pack for free if I want the car and can powder coat the alloys for 100 plus vat each. I can live with the seats and wheel as its got a few nice options like the pan roof, nav and a reverse camera I think! Seems in good shape, 1 owner and I'm sure she said full jag history. Just wondered if someone could confirm the options and anything else us mere mortals can't get hold of. They offered a great part x on my mustang too.

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Wow. The black pack is something like Β£2.5k in parts alone. I wrapped the chrome on my V6 for Β£200, so it's not necessarily a stopper

The standard seats are fine. I did plenty of long journeys in them Pan roof is something everyone prefers and the rear camera is pretty much essential. Wheels can be changed more easily than the other items. I don't think the wheels are standard being 20" Gyrodyne as is the power tailgate and heated screen.

1 owner sounds like it might have been a cherished car. πŸ‘
Last edited by mickjaguar on Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Doesn't have an MOT - expired in March, so I assume has been on the forecourt for 5-6 months or more. If it's been around a while it makes sense why they would offer to do some work on it. Worth pressing hard as they will be keen to sell

Dealer photographed on 16 June so been off road and around somewhere for a few months. Likely passed on from another trader
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
maddog1982

Post by maddog1982 »

mickjaguar wrote: ↑Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:15 pm Wow. The black pack is something like Β£2.5k in parts alone. I wrapped the chrome on my V6 for Β£200, so it's not necessarily a stopper

The standard seats are fine. I did plenty of long journeys in them Pan roof is something everyone prefers and the rear camera is pretty much essential. Wheels can be changed more easily than the other items. I don't think the wheels are standard being 20" Gyrodyne as is the power tailgate and heated screen.

1 owner sounds like it might have been a cherished car. πŸ‘

Are you saying this has a heated front screen and the power boot is also an option? Man alive I would have assumed those were standard. Is there anywhere I can get a list of what's been added?
maddog1982

Post by maddog1982 »

One thing I noticed were the brakes were wooden in feeling and didn't really give more force compared to my car so will check that out. Possibly glazed I guess. The handling is terrific, the gearbox and throttle felt dead leggy at first but seemed to improve the more I drove it.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Jaguar system is offline. So cannot retrieve the VIN and service history etc.

It has been off the road for 160 days as v5c passed to motor trade on 28th Feb.

The engine serial number seems odd as it comes back as a 400ps serial on car check and it is not a 400 sport (wrong colour, wheels and interior). I would ask a few questions about why it has been off the road for 100+ days and whether it is on original engine.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

System back online.

It is car 49255 originally privately owned in Stockton-on-sea but it hasn't been seen by Jaguar since 30th May 2019 when it had a second service to schedule, so shows on history as 798 days overdue service. MOT and service times are different so hope it comes with some paperwork.

It has also been on another reg previously (cherished plate) and based on that it would appear one of the previous owners now has a 400 sport which might explain the oddity of engine codes.

It is showing as trade sale so worth lots of questions on where it has been for 160+ days and why. I would check v5c engine number Vs physical engine number as well.
maddog1982

Post by maddog1982 »

Thanks so much, it's at a jag main dealers so I'd assume the car is legit? I'll ask about the service history today!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

It's shows as a Pendragon PLC trade sales being sold by Stratstone Nottingham.

All because it's at a Jaguar dealer doesn't mean the history is ok. You won't be able to drive it without an MOT anyway.
Unfortunately seen all sorts. And do report back on whether the v5c engine number matches the one installed.
I don't think it will but interested as it's a difficult one to check online especially when it's been on a private plate.
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

I would not buy anything from there again bought a convertible from there and ended up getting my money back no v5 and a mileage discrepancy which they did not tell me about double check everything before parting with any money cheers Tony
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20” carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post