Can anyone check a car for me as I'm 99% certain I'm buying I!

Anything F-Type related......
maddog1982

Post by maddog1982 »

OK guys many thanks.

It was serviced at jag in Jan 2022 so it meets the criteria of approved sale. It's 1 owner.

They want to paint the trim rather than replace as they said you can't get the black pack any more?
They will powder coat the alloys gloss back half price for me. I pushed them on tyres as they are the original p zeros and were low at the back. The car drove and handles great but the brakes were terrible. Assume the should be really powerful ? My car has ds2500 in it and I touch them it wants to put me through the screen.

How do I go about checking the engine number?

They offered me 2k more on my car so I'm happy with that. All in all it looks to be a 1 owner car low mileage with car few nice options. Getting g the silver trim and wheels done black I Hinksey would just finish it off nicely. Has 12 months jag warranty. Anything else anyone can tell me about it?

maddog1982

Post by maddog1982 »

They won't do anything with the trees unless they are 3mm or lower. I did say at 5 years old they need replacing. It drove well though had a ton of grip. To be honest I'd replace with ps5s instead of the pzeros anyway so not a deal breaker.

Assume they run better on Michelin vs pirelli ? I've only ever used supersports and ps4s for my cars
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

For the car to meet Jaguar used approved status a minimum of 3.96mm tread must be left on the tyre otherwise they should be replaced. Based on V6 AWD MY18 this should be AMS rear and J front P-Zero.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
maddog1982

Post by maddog1982 »

So done a hpi, the previous plate was e12 jag and the time it was swapped all ties in together when it was sold. Put the vin number in and that came back OK too , says it has outstanding finance which I don't belive and mileage checks out too. Not got the v5 serial or date of v5 to complete the check. Also 0 previous owners, looks to me he sold it in Feb to buy a 5litre one and it's been for sale since.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Quite a few alarm bells on this car but seems your keen.
Good luck with the purchase.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Speak to HPI if the report has red flags. They will investigate the outstanding finance and get it cleared if it's just sloppy admin. When I phoned them about mine, which also had plate changes, they called me with updates each day and provided a new clean report after 3 days. All within the original price. Very impressive service from them.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
maddog1982

Post by maddog1982 »

Outstanding finance will be cleared prior to collection. Pretty impressed with the hpi report service too
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The black pack no longer being available is a bit cheeky. Some parts, the window trims being one of them, have delays. So they probably couldn't get hold of the the parts for weeks.

I had the chrome wrapped on my V6, others have gone down the painting route (there's a YouTube on that), even plastidip has been done successfully.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

simpleR wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:15 pm Quite a few alarm bells on this car but seems your keen.
Good luck with the purchase.

A couple of comments - Brakes are over servo assisted on most modern cars, so they do feel powerful and to your point face plant the unwary. Sports and performance tend to need more pressure which assists you in modulating the brake performance, so doubt they are faulty. MOT test will check it out
Expect black paint to chip off the trim in time. Very hard to get it to stick well to chrome. Surprised a dealer would do this

Agreed - so many alarm bells on this car, but if you're really keen then good luck
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Flyingdutchman

Post by Flyingdutchman »

Hi Maddog,

I remember viewing this car back at the end of June.
It was being advertised with the following options

Heated Front Screen

Lane Departure Warning

Traffic Sign Recognition

Keyless Entry

On Stratstone's own web page was also being advertised as having Apple carplay, which clearly it hasn't got either as you only get this with the later 10" screen.
None of which it has. I pointed this out and up until last weekend the car was still being advertised this way....

The sales person even tried to convince me that the "Max" switch was the heated front screen.

So, if you haven't pulled the trigger yet make sure that none of these options matter to you.

Good luck.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post