Previous owner Data

Anything F-Type related......
Purplecat

Post by Purplecat »

Picked up F-Type R last Friday. Loving it but does anybody know how to erase previous owners data etc (and what actually gets cleared) - car keeps calling me Christian :lol:

I know I have to visit a Jaguar Dealer to erase previous owner from the incontrol app as when I try to add my VIN to my account it says still attached to a previous account and I need to visit a dealer with proof of ownership to clear it, just waiting for my V5 to arrive but wondered if there is a reset hidden somewhere in settings that I havent yet found.
2019 F-Type 5.0 V8 R AWD Coupe Silicon Silver

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

It's been a good while since I messed around with that myself so I don't remember exactly but to at least stop the satnav calling you Christian I think you need to log out of the previous account in the satnav and live functions. If old destinations, home location etc remain in the satnav after that there's some function to delete those things too. Shouldn't be too hard to find if you look around in the settings.
Last edited by MajorTom on Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

follow instructions on the screen
Purplecat

Post by Purplecat »

thanks sorted it :D
2019 F-Type 5.0 V8 R AWD Coupe Silicon Silver
maddog1982

Post by maddog1982 »

this made me laugh! Hope you get it sorted, Christian :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies