Fixed oem rear spoiler (pics)

Anything F-Type related......
Arne

Post by Arne »

I saw this at the dealer a few days ago. My personal opinion is that it actually looks better than the standard spoiler when that is deployed. But the best look of the F-type is the pure lines when the standard spoiler is not deployed.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

Jagalot

Post by Jagalot »

So I presume the standard spoiler is disabled if you have this fitted?
Arne

Post by Arne »

I would presume so (most certainly). It looked like the fixed spoiler is an integrated part of the "standard" spoiler (as one unit) and not just an "ad on".
Should anyone want to do this as an aftermarket modification, I would think you would have to replace the "standard" spoiler with this new fixed spoiler - and you could perhaps also remove the deployment mechanics and servo engine to save some weight?
Might need a software modification / change in factory settings as well, so you don't get an error code displayed.
rikki098

Post by rikki098 »

Great for the track, probably wouldn't make much difference on the road.
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Totally agree with Arne - it does look better than the standard spoiler when it's deployed but the cleanest lines are when the standard one is folded away. As the spoiler doesn't deploy below 70mph, I've never seen mine!! scoobydoo2015-09-22 15:25:15
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

True scooby, only ever seen mine when I have pressed the spoiler up and down button 😉
captainham

Post by captainham »

I smell something, smells like lies!!! 😝
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
Tel

Post by Tel »

Personally I think it looks horrible and detracts from the wonderful lines of the car...a bit 'boy racer' ish'.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Arne

Post by Arne »

The problem with wonderfull lines are often that they don't mix well with aerodynamics at high speeds.
And with a car as capeable for high speeds as the F-type is, something needs to be done to those lines downforce wise (or more correctly to reduce the increased lift the rear end shape makes).
My guess is that this spoiler is rather more effective at that than the standard spoiler is when deployed.
It's a kind of trade off - and personally I would not have chosen this option as I mostly drive at speeds below the limit for the deployable spoiler.
However if I had tracked the car a lot (or lived in Germany where you have roads without speed limits), I might have chosen the fixed spoiler, as I think it will do it's jobb better than the small deployable one.
Guy G

Post by Guy G »

I agree it looks best with the (standard) spoiler down. In fact it's ugly with the standard spoiler up. At higher speeds, the spoiler probably is really necessary, that's why you can select to have the spoiler up at any times, but you can't have it down allways.

My first F-type was a 3.0 with the standard spoiler. Now I drive a 2.0 with the fixed spoiler, and now it looks great at any time.

So it's your choice: having an F-type that looks great when it's parked or driven slowly, or ...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post