Rear bumper removal replace lights

Anything F-Type related......
shatnersbassoon

Post by shatnersbassoon »

I managed to catch the rear bumper on a lamp post yesterday. My first car damage in about 20 years! :cry:

The bumper scuff can be sorted by one of those smart repairs easily enough, but I've managed to crack the rear light cluster too.
I reckon if i can remove it, I might be able get loads of glue on it, wet sand it and polish it. Cheaper than the £620 Jag wants for a new one at least.

I guess the whole rear bumper needs to come off to get the light unit out though?
Is it an easy job for 2 people, or one of those that you'd wish you'd never started?

Matt
MY18 V8R AWD

ZeusHavok

Post by ZeusHavok »

It's a pretty involved job, bumper needs to come off yeah. I've attached some PDFs for a 2015 Coupe but should be the same regardless.
Rear lamp assembly removal.pdf
(341.57 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Rear bumper cover removal coupe.pdf
(387.67 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
MY2017 F-Type S AWD Coupe - Firesand Orange / Optioned out to heck and back.
shatnersbassoon

ZeusHavok wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:48 pm It's a pretty involved job, bumper needs to come off yeah. I've attached some PDFs for a 2015 Coupe but should be the same regardless.
Thanks for the info. It doesn’t look like a 5 min job!
I was kind of hoping everyone was going to say it was really easy! :D
MY18 V8R AWD
shatnersbassoon

Does anyone know the part number for the rear lights on a MY18 convertible?
I asked jag and of course they said they couldn't tell me :)
MY18 V8R AWD
ZeusHavok

Post by ZeusHavok »

https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/

Should have it there. They are grouped by VIN and location
MY2017 F-Type S AWD Coupe - Firesand Orange / Optioned out to heck and back.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

shatnersbassoon wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:53 pm
ZeusHavok wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:48 pm It's a pretty involved job, bumper needs to come off yeah. I've attached some PDFs for a 2015 Coupe but should be the same regardless.
Both front and rear of mine have been off a few times and for sure like may jobs it's a pita the first time. Right tools, where are the fasteners hidden, will this fixing come out or spin around, etc.??
Refit and second time off is a really quick job and you'll be telling everyone it's a quick 1 man job
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
shatnersbassoon

cj10jeeper wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:03 pm
shatnersbassoon wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:53 pm
Both front and rear of mine have been off a few times and for sure like may jobs it's a pita the first time. Right tools, where are the fasteners hidden, will this fixing come out or spin around, etc.??
Refit and second time off is a really quick job and you'll be telling everyone it's a quick 1 man job
How long did it take and how much swearing was involved the first time?
I'm tempted to give it a go myself rather than having to pay a garage.
MY18 V8R AWD
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Honestly not too bad. I do recall that some of the fixings on the wheel liner and torx near the exhaust were difficult. Def have a go on your own. Old carpet on the ground is key to not scratching anything when it comes free..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
shatnersbassoon

cj10jeeper wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:12 pm Honestly not too bad. I do recall that some of the fixings on the wheel liner and torx near the exhaust were difficult. Def have a go on your own. Old carpet on the ground is key to not scratching anything when it comes free..
Any special tools required other than torx that you can remember?
MY18 V8R AWD
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

shatnersbassoon wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:04 am
cj10jeeper wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:12 pm Honestly not too bad. I do recall that some of the fixings on the wheel liner and torx near the exhaust were difficult. Def have a go on your own. Old carpet on the ground is key to not scratching anything when it comes free..
Any special tools required other than torx that you can remember?
Nothing required
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post