F-Type R Catalytic Converter Options

Anything F-Type related......
toxpal

Post by toxpal »

Right catalytic converter failed on my car (2018 F-Type R AWD Coupe), so I need a replacement. Since one of cats already failed, I believe the same will happen to another one too, so I will be replacing both at once. The dealer itself suggested me to go for aftermarket parts because original ones are very expensive (3800 EUR for left cat + 5200 EUR for right cat + labor). As you might already guessed, I'm not going to spend 10.000+ EUR for catalytic converters, so suggestions are very welcome.

At the moment I found Larini downpipes + sport cats ( https://www.larinisystems.com/collectio ... -catalysts ) but they didn't respond to my inquiry since last week. Any other options to consider? I live in EU, so international shipping is a must. Thank you.

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I think the part numbers are T2R17112 & T2R17116 for your car. Contact SNG Barratt as they do ship to Europe

https://www.sngbarratt.com/English/#/uk ... s/Families

Price shown on their website are EUR 1665.61 and EUR 2258.92 excluding shipping. Dealer prices are usually very similar.

I would email/phone SNG to check availability and correct part numbers for your VIN. The crazy prices you have been quoted might be because there's nothing in stock for immediate delivery
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Try Britcar Global, www.Britcar.com for genuine parts. They ship worldwide.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
toxpal

Post by toxpal »

Thank you for suggestions, just emailed both of these sellers and waiting for their response.

Update: got response from Britcar already. Parts will cost 3500 EUR, but I will have to pay about 1500 EUR in VAT and customs fees (I live in EU and they deliver from outside EU), so that's still a lot of money. In other hand, cheaper than local Jag dealer.

Update2: got response from sngbarratt as well. 3600 EUR + shipping, should be no extra fees.
JekVI

Post by JekVI »

If you wanted to go aftermarket, I know a lot of guys on here swear by Velocity AP stuff - the UK distributor is DAE but it looks like there is a VAP distributor in Germany too.

FWIW if/when my cats go I will most likely install these 200 cell sports cats from VAP :D
Ultra Blue MY19 SVR (but without particulate filters :twisted: )
toxpal

Post by toxpal »

Yes, I'm aware of Velocity option, but I'm also worried about possible issues. Even their website claims that after installing Velocity cats Check Engine light will come up and ECU re-programming will be needed.
JekVI

Post by JekVI »

toxpal wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:36 pm Yes, I'm aware of Velocity option, but I'm also worried about possible issues. Even their website claims that after installing Velocity cats Check Engine light will come up and ECU re-programming will be needed.

Any aftermarket hi-flow cats would have the same issue I believe, so even those Larini ones you found could cause the emissions light - I could be wrong though.
Ultra Blue MY19 SVR (but without particulate filters :twisted: )
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

Don’t they recommend a tweak to the ECU once the 200 cell cats are fitted?
V8S
Lunar Grey
Viezu Upper Pulley & Remap
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
toxpal

Post by toxpal »

Got an email from Larini: "You shouldnt need to reprogramme your ECU and wont get check lights"
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

toxpal wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:57 pm Got an email from Larini: "You shouldnt need to reprogramme your ECU and wont get check lights"

I’d carry out a bit Investigation before purchasing expensive Larini sports cats. The ‘shouldn’t’ bit would worry me.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post