My First F Type

Anything F-Type related......
Steve61

Post by Steve61 »

Hello, I am new to the Marque and I am currently looking to purchase a 3.0 V6 S/C Coupe, probably 2019 Plate - any tips on what I should look out for?

Or is the 2.0 litre worth considering, what about AWD, is this necessary?

I have seen a few on Car Gurus website but most of the good ones seem to be 200+ miles from me (Fife, Scotland), so it will be difficult for me to view most - any tips on what I should look out for (and save any wasted journeys) would be much appreciated.

Steve

BobHarrington

Post by BobHarrington »

Just the usual ~ low mileage, one owner, service history, and so on. Buy from a Jaguar AD and pay extra, or buy from an autotrader, carwow site cheaper, but no warranty, your choice. I recently bought from from an autotrader site, because it was the exact spec I wanted. But first I was able to trace the previous owner, who was able to reassure me about the history of the car - why the mileage was so low, any accident damage, etc. Just be cautious, take your time, and don’t get carried away.
Best of luck.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Just my opinon.

Don't be put off by a car with higher mileage.
Nothing wrong with a nice 1 owner car with high miles and full service history that has been looked after properly.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
AJ13

Post by AJ13 »

Higher miles - be prepared for some wear and tear items that might need replacing.
Fine if your decent with spanners.

I have seen some terrible low miles cars where owners don't care, but on flip side seen some very well maintained high milers.
IRR V8S. (Maybe going soon).
Macan turbo ..wifes.
Sunny Scotland based.
scm

Post by scm »

One positive with high miles is you know it can't have spent ages off the road being fixed! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post