P series ~ suspension “tweak”?

Anything F-Type related......
BobHarrington

Post by BobHarrington »

The only other differences between my old 2015 car, and my newer 2019 P series car are:-
1) the tyres ~ my old car had Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, and my new car came with Continental Sport Contact 2.
2) my old car was a drop head, while my new car is a fixed head.
But I wouldn’t have thought either of these would affect the ride quality to a great degree?

jonm

Post by jonm »

Though I would report back and share my findings, I can confirm changing to a different tyre significantly alters the charateristics of the car.
I've chosen Goodyear Asymmetric 6 as their highly rated for their comfort, noise and fuel economy. The result is a much softer smoother ride, however like all things in life there are compromises, the handing is not a positive as the P-Zeros were, it's really quite different, at the moment I'm needing to re-learn the charateristics and limits of the car as it's like stepping into a different car.
99% of the time I'm going to be happy with the change, but next time I'm attacking an Alpine moutain pass I will miss the P-zeros.
Have not driven in the rain yet but expect to see improvments in grip there.
My16 F-Type V6 340
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

what is a drop head?
scm

Post by scm »

gasgas wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:03 pm what is a drop head?
What we call a convertible?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Could be as simple as different tyre pressures - it can be surprising how much difference a few psi can make
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post