SVO Colours - What are the rarest?

Anything F-Type related......
SilverDreamMachine

Post by SilverDreamMachine »

I'm interested to understand just how many cars there are in existence and/or in the UK of specific SVO Premium Palette colours. Does anyone have any data for these? Particularly keen to understand if there are any with one or two of a certain colour!
21MY P450 AWD, Coupe, Blue; ex-20MY P300, Convertible, Silver

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Publicly available UK statistics at DfT (Department for Transport) list many things but not specific pallette colour.

So I can tell you how many SVR's were registered on UK roads for any given quarter and colours as listed as registered per year. But for example the 10k premium SVO Ligurian Satin option would just say black the same as Santorini metallic black.

Jaguar couldn't even give an accurate production number for 400 Sports (had to get that from DfT) so the likely hood of a call handler being able to tell you specific UK sold SVO premium pallette production numbers would be unlikely.

Unless anyone has access to a resource at the SVO facility with access!! Even with a list of VIN numbers you cannot rely on the Jaguar system as many times the colour listed on OSH or TopiX has been wrong as well.

I know that doesn't help BTW

There is a very long topic here on another forum with some numbers.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... 70/page23/

However unsure on accuracy and how up to date it is with some SVO colours as "No Colour" on the system.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

SilverDreamMachine wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:58 pm I'm interested to understand just how many cars there are in existence and/or in the UK of specific SVO Premium Palette colours. Does anyone have any data for these? Particularly keen to understand if there are any with one or two of a certain colour!
I had a similar thought and did wonder if there is another F-type out there in the same colour as mine (SVO scafell grey satin) - in any event I love the colour so not a big deal either way. It’s definitely a rare colour!
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
SilverDreamMachine

Post by SilverDreamMachine »

simpleR wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:51 pm Publicly available UK statistics at DfT (Department for Transport) list many things but not specific pallette colour.

So I can tell you how many SVR's were registered on UK roads for any given quarter and colours as listed as registered per year. But for example the 10k premium SVO Ligurian Satin option would just say black the same as Santorini metallic black.

Jaguar couldn't even give an accurate production number for 400 Sports (had to get that from DfT) so the likely hood of a call handler being able to tell you specific UK sold SVO premium pallette production numbers would be unlikely.

Unless anyone has access to a resource at the SVO facility with access!! Even with a list of VIN numbers you cannot rely on the Jaguar system as many times the colour listed on OSH or TopiX has been wrong as well.

I know that doesn't help BTW

There is a very long topic here on another forum with some numbers.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... 70/page23/

However unsure on accuracy and how up to date it is with some SVO colours as "No Colour" on the system.
Many thanks - I think this does help provide an answer, albeit the one I didn't want!

Mine is SVO Premium Petrolix Blue - the same colour as the 71 plate P450 RWD coupe that EVO Magazine had on long term test (which is one of the reasons I bought it). I've seen no images of other F Types globally in this colour and believe it is a relatively recent SVO colour used across Jaguar and Land Rover (have seen some Range Rover Sports in the colour), since 2020. Not expecting to see another to be honest and love the colour!
21MY P450 AWD, Coupe, Blue; ex-20MY P300, Convertible, Silver