Active exhaust question.

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

jagseven wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:22 pm Seems to be lots of variation in exhaust noise depending on exact model and year.
Yeah, there's a long thread about it elsewhere on this site! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Ratboiler

Post by Ratboiler »

Thank you for all your information, I have not had chance to look up the rear end yet.
I can confirm that there is not any discerning difference in sound at tick over apart from start up.
Plus no change in sound at 50 mph using the switch.
But I did as Mickjaguar said and activated the switch whilst driving and dropped down a few gears and bought the revs up to 3500 which produced a loud bark and rapid acceleration, so thanks all sorted.
2021 R Portofino Blue, Convertible, Black interior, Sports seats.
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

I was experimenting yesterday with the exhaust on my SVR and it really needs a good few revs and an aggressive driving style to wake it up - then you get a fair few pops and crackles.
Very hard to stay at legal speeds if you want a noisy exhaust on the later (with petrol particulate filter) models but I quite like the Jekyll and Hyde character🙂
Still enjoying getting to know my car - owned for a few months now but not done many miles yet
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Apparently the Lambo Huracan V10 gets around the need for exhaust PPF’s by having combined direct and indirect injection.
If Jag did that it would sound like an expensive warranty claim 😂
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post