Service Plans

Anything F-Type related......
@299Peter

Post by @299Peter »

Purchased my MY 2015 3.0S Coupe in June 2021 and in November took out a three year Service Plan via my local JLR main dealer here in Southend at £68 per month, this would cover Services 8,9 and 10.

Booked the car in for its Service 9 - Service Plan schedule stated service cost of £569 - and asked if this would cover Diff and Gearbox oil changes, was told it wasn’t. So asked them to advise when I collect the car when these oils were last changed and when they would be next due.

Collected the car earlier today and was advised on arrival that they had in fact changed both Gearbox and Diff oils and all spark plugs and the total list price of this service would have been £1720+!! Which demonstrates to me the benefit of fixed price Service Plans.

Hope this might be helpful to others.
Black V6S MY15 380PS F-Type
Love the car
Love the noise
Love the headturning!

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The service plans are good for people who want to split the cost to be monthly or who might be approaching a large service.

However good independents or a good relationship with a dealer can work out cheaper.

I just use the Inchcape Service to Schedule plan which seems to be £385 regardless of what is required.

1st to 3rd - service plan that came with car
4th - Oils, filters and rear diff - £385
5th - Oils and spark plugs - £385
6th - Oils, transfer oil, brake fluid - booked in and yes that is £385

7th - Oil only so definitely will NOT be booking fixed price service to schedule however wil get rear diff oil changed early.
Etc.
9th service is the big one for me though.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
@299Peter

Post by @299Peter »

SimpleR

Looks like good value for money. I’ve not seen my local JLR dealer offer the £385 Service to Schedule plan. I still have one more service (10) to go yet so will inquire nearer renewal time.

Incidentally I do use a very good independent too for any work that needs doing that falls outside of the ‘standard’ regular service schedules. Fortunately that’s hasn’t been very often.

Peter
Love the car
Love the noise
Love the headturning!
Webarno

Post by Webarno »

You've done well there!

Also, nice to see another local F Type owner on here.
My closest is the Southend branch too.

I'll keep a lookout for your car :D
MY15 V6 S Coupe Stratus Grey
Essex
@299Peter

Post by @299Peter »

Webarno

Hiya

I’m based in Thorpe Bay.

Happy to meet up and chat…..

Peter
Love the car
Love the noise
Love the headturning!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

It does make me smile how expensive service plans are for petrol and diesel cars, especially at main dealers.
£300 if lucky on a small service and easily double or treble for bigger services, such as plugs, belts, etc. I’ve shelled out a good few thousand in 6 years of ownership on the F Type..

My iX3 has a 3 year service plan for £400 and includes free seasonal checks and its first mot.
Of course bev cars cost more and depreciation may be higher, but insurance is half the previous RR and fuel is free courtesy of a solar array at home and no rfl for the next 2 years.

I’ll never swap the F Type, but would not go back to a petrol/diesel daily driver with all the costs.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
jonm

Post by jonm »

going off topic but having a BEV car is a great idea when you have a 2nd car for the long trips. Temped myself but my D2 volvo does 70mpg so its hard to justify the investment in an EV.
My16 F-Type V6 340
ianp

Post by ianp »

I have a plan with what is now Group1 Jaguar in Watford, £16.78 per month for 3 annual services.
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.
@299Peter

Post by @299Peter »

Ian

That’s sounds like a steal! But I assume it’s partly because yours is a much newer vehicle?

Peter
Love the car
Love the noise
Love the headturning!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post