10" InControl Touch Pro software update

Anything F-Type related......
The_Leaping_Cat

Post by The_Leaping_Cat »

When the main dealer updated the 8" incontrol pro in my 2018 F-Type 400 that had never been updated, they managed to brick the Telematics module which they replaced under warranty,since being updated sota has worked faultlessly.
Black F Type 400 sport MY18

SmartestSmarty

Post by SmartestSmarty »

Hi guys,

I have the incontrol touch pro, software: S19A_19.20.4

I know it could do with an update.

I have a SIM card reader in the arm rest.

On the connectivity menu I have no option for Wi-Fi, or data etc, only apple car play, android, and Bluetooth.

When I click software update, it doesn’t find any update, but clearly because I am not connected to data.

How can I resolve this?
scm

Post by scm »

Give us more information - what model, version and year of F-Type do you have? It makes a difference!
Oh, and do you have the 8" screen with buttons down the side, or the 10" one?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
SmartestSmarty

Post by SmartestSmarty »

I have a Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Luxury, 66 plate. 10in version.

It’s the same unit for LR and Jaguar I believe.
kevc

Post by kevc »

That was the same issue I had (from new). There was an update but the unit couldn't 'see' that there was one. So the dealer just did a push request to the car for the update and the next time I got in it said it was starting a download.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
SmartestSmarty

Post by SmartestSmarty »

kevc wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:35 pm That was the same issue I had (from new). There was an update but the unit couldn't 'see' that there was one. So the dealer just did a push request to the car for the update and the next time I got in it said it was starting a download.
Thanks, did they charge you for that? or is it something they can just do by request?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

S19A is SOTA enabled and yes it's the same head unit but the software is different across brands so you would be best to get an answer from Land Rover or the appropriate sister forum, for non F-Type questions regarding connectivity, out of warranty updates and software updates.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
holtehero

Post by holtehero »

I have a similar issue in that i have a MY19 Ftype-R with the 10" Incontrol Pro system which has a software version which doesn't offer SOTA, so i'm missing out on Apple car play. I find it ridiculous that some models have had complementary upgrades to later versions and others haven't.

Sytner Stockport where i purchased the vehicle basically washed their hands as soon as i paid for the car and the salesman has ignored emails and a message left with switchboard. Needless to say i recently got a survey from Jag UK where i was less than complementary about their aftersales service.

I took my car into a local dealer (Inchcape Kings Lynn) yesterday and explained there were some intermittent issues which i knew later InControl software fixed. I had to wait 7 weeks for an appointment and then yesterday i told the service agent that the issues were sporadic and it wasn't worth going out with a technician to find them. He said we will update the software, great i thought. 6 hours later and they ring me up to tell me we haven't done anything as we couldn't find the fault, needless to say i was fuming. Then get the whole spiel about how dangerous the software update is and its not covered under warranty, but if i want it done they will quote me a price - yeah right

So a days holiday and 3 hours of driving backwards and forwards and still no update.

To make matters worse, they delivered some news on a health check which i didn't request that there were some advisories, such as the car has too much oil (car has done about 1000 miles since it was serviced at Sytner and i haven't put any oil in it) and a damaged sidewall on one tyre (this one i will have to swallow as i can't prove it was like it when i purchased the car).

Going to speak to Jaguar UK customer services as very close to selling the car having experienced terrible customer service with two dealers now, not sure i would trust either of these dealerships to work on the vehicle again.
kevc

Post by kevc »

SmartestSmarty wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:47 pm
kevc wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:35 pm That was the same issue I had (from new). There was an update but the unit couldn't 'see' that there was one. So the dealer just did a push request to the car for the update and the next time I got in it said it was starting a download.
Thanks, did they charge you for that? or is it something they can just do by request?
They didn't charge me, but the car was under warranty and only a year old.

Also they wanted to book the car in for 2 days to reinstall and investigate. It was me that said in an email, can't someone just have a look at the computer listing for my VIN and trigger a push because it'll save a lot of bother if it works. And it did!
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
JekVI

Post by JekVI »

Quick update on this topic:

I spoke to Mo from LR Retrofits last weekend at The Hare, Roxwell meet up (great little meet actually!) - he did give another option instead of fighting with JLR to provide the update, which is essentially swapping out the module between the seats with an already updated one. Apparently you lose the online features (so it behaves as if there is no SIM in the armrest regardless of if you have one), but to me that doesn't matter if I can have Android Auto.

I've enquired with him to get a cost so will keep you guys posted!
Ultra Blue MY19 SVR (but without particulate filters :twisted: )

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post