10" InControl Touch Pro software update

Anything F-Type related......
JekVI

Post by JekVI »

Lowrider wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:06 pm I had a similar experience from a local main dealer when I ask about installing apple car play last week. I was told as my 2018 P300 had not had any updates on installing the update it could cause problems with the infotainment system needing it to need replacing at a cost of over £1000. Needless to say I will upgrades well alone.
That is unless a fellow forum user can give me any better suggestions.

Yeah this is exactly what my dealer said - interesting they didn't know (or just neglected to tell me) that my car could be updated over the air if I simply added a SIM... I also don't see how this solves the issue of a very large update causing problems, if in fact that is the issue as to why the dealers are bricking systems...
Ultra Blue MY19 SVR (but without particulate filters :twisted: )

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

JekVI wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:45 am
simpleR wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:04 pm Your car is 56222 and SOTA enabled.
You need to make sure you have a SIM card in and working and then as per post above, get the dealer to reset and trigger the update remotely.
This is really interesting - I assumed I needed the large update from the dealer to even enable SOTA, because I don't have the option in any menus. Once I have the SIM working (I will try that this weekend hopefully) can I just call a dealer or do I have to book it in?
You should have an option somewhere in settings which will display the current version and the option to update.
I cannot guide you where the setting is because I have a different head unit. It might be that yours is so far out of date the option is not there. Perhaps have a look and find your software version first.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
JekVI

Post by JekVI »

simpleR wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:01 am
JekVI wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:45 am
simpleR wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:04 pm Your car is 56222 and SOTA enabled.
You need to make sure you have a SIM card in and working and then as per post above, get the dealer to reset and trigger the update remotely.
This is really interesting - I assumed I needed the large update from the dealer to even enable SOTA, because I don't have the option in any menus. Once I have the SIM working (I will try that this weekend hopefully) can I just call a dealer or do I have to book it in?
You should have an option somewhere in settings which will display the current version and the option to update.
I cannot guide you where the setting is because I have a different head unit. It might be that yours is so far out of date the option is not there. Perhaps have a look and find your software version first.

Yeah I did go looking for that and couldn't find it (couldn't even find the software version!) which is why I assumed that mine is too far out of date for over the air updates - if I can't find that info am I stuck?

Thanks for your help so far as always!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I'm sure someone on here with an MY19/20 Touch Pro (without the buttons on the side) will be along soon with some instructions
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Not sure this helps much but I do recall with my F-Pace (new in April 2019) that it was supplied with pre Apple CarPlay software and it had to be manually updated by dealer to enable SOTA updates which also added Apple CarPlay.
As far as I recall initially Jaguar tried to charge for this update and then later they announced it was free (I didn’t pay for the update). Obviously later cars came with updated SOTA enabled software from factory.
When I bought my 68 plate (19MY) F-type earlier this year I did asked the main dealer to make sure it had the latest software because I wanted Apple CarPlay so maybe there are some dealers willing to risk updating the software (but perhaps it was to help secure a sale in my case…)
As a jaguar approved used car they also included a 3 year subscription including activation of the built in tracker which was a nice surprise (I thought I might get 12 months at best).
Anyway - good luck - I’m sure someone will be willing to update the software for you even if you have to sign something to say it’s at your own risk worth.
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
JekVI

Post by JekVI »

Initially my dealer did say that I could sign a waiver and they'd do it, but also said it could cost £2000 should the worst happen but when I called back a couple hours later they then said they couldn't do it full stop!

I've ordered a data SIM now to see if the connectivity causes something in the system to "wake up" - if not I'll probably pop into a different dealer (Jaguar West London is not too far from me either) and see if they are willing to do it.

Final resort will be ~£800 for a refurbished (but updated) unit from LR Retrofits I think...
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

You could also try Watford Jaguar or Grange Jaguar Hatfield
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
ianp

Post by ianp »

My car is the same age with the TouchPro System. I have a 0.5gb sim from carphone warehouse for £5 per month and it does all my SOTA's automatically. I just enabled it in the settings menu. I also have the extended warranty licence which may make a difference. Jag Watford have re-installed software once on a warranty issue when there was a problem, but it may have been on my previous XE. I do know that they don't update the software on service because it takes so long, but they have also previously lent me a USB drive with the software on after a service. But as I mentioned earlier it's all over air now apart from the map updates, which again I subscribe to.
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.
kevc

Post by kevc »

JekVI wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:28 am
Yeah I did go looking for that and couldn't find it (couldn't even find the software version!) which is why I assumed that mine is too far out of date for over the air updates - if I can't find that info am I stuck?

Thanks for your help so far as always!
On any screen it's the cogs icon
Then all settings (or similar wording)
Then it's one of the bottom 2 which are Connectivity and Updates (or similar)

I seem to remember another topic where someone didn't have that option. If you can find that it might explain why they couldn't see it.
Last edited by kevc on Fri May 26, 2023 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
ianp

Post by ianp »

SYSTEM SETTINGS

This allows the adjustment of the selected features settings.

Touch the Settings icon from any screen. Touch All Settings. Touch Features.

The Features settings menu is divided into the following categories:

Home.
Navigation.
Media.
Phone.
Climate.
Connectivity.
Cameras.
InControl Apps.
Live.
Bluetooth.
Touch to display the list of settings for the required system.

Click under connectivity
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post