10" InControl Touch Pro software update

Anything F-Type related......
JekVI

Post by JekVI »

Hey guys,

I know this has been asked a few times, and I've found previous threads where people have been successful (e.g. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5508) but I'm keen to understand if anyone has managed to persuade Jag to update their system recently?

I ask this because earlier this month I took my car to my local Jag dealer (group1 Jag NW London in Brent Cross) for it's MOT and asked them to update the system at the same time it was in - I explained I knew it was a large update given my system has never been updated, but they essentially refused to do it because they'd recently bricked a system in another similar aged car forcing the owner to shell out ~£2000 on a new one :o

The only reason I want this update is for Android Auto (I really miss it and hate having my phone on a mount...) but it seems like Jag are refusing to do it these days due to the size of the update, which they say is why it killed the other customers system!

If anyone has managed to persuade a dealer, or knows of another avenue I should be looking at (LR Retrofits unfortunately can't do it - already asked them, but will potentially speak to them again about a refurbed unit to replace mine) please let me know!
Ultra Blue MY19 SVR (but without particulate filters :twisted: )

kevc

Post by kevc »

I updated from (I think) 19B to 21C (or whatever the current one is) at Christmas. I'd had a problem with the car not seeing that there was a new version for download. They wanted to book it in for 2 days to check it out but I just asked the garage to trigger the push notification to the car and then it showed up as being available. I think it took around 30-40 mins to download and about the same to install.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

How come you're asking a dealer to update it instead of getting the update automatically over the air?
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Your car is 56222 and SOTA enabled.
You need to make sure you have a SIM card in and working and then as per post above, get the dealer to reset and trigger the update remotely.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:04 pm You need to make sure you have a SIM card in and working and then as per post above, get the dealer to reset and trigger the update remotely.
Does SOTA update over the user SIM? I thought it used the car's embedded SIM.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

My updated over SIM last time and used the last bit of my data I recall. But could be wrong. I am old.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

I'd assumed that Jaguar-related network traffic would go over the embedded Jaguar SIM, rather than the user SIM. But like you, I could be wrong. I am older! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lowrider

Post by Lowrider »

I had a similar experience from a local main dealer when I ask about installing apple car play last week. I was told as my 2018 P300 had not had any updates on installing the update it could cause problems with the infotainment system needing it to need replacing at a cost of over £1000. Needless to say I will upgrades well alone.
That is unless a fellow forum user can give me any better suggestions.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

scm wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:44 pm I'd assumed that Jaguar-related network traffic would go over the embedded Jaguar SIM, rather than the user SIM. But like you, I could be wrong. I am older! :lol:
There's some previous discussion on the XE forum , where owners received letters from JLR in 2019, I think, announcing the OTA updates using the 'inserted' SIM (i.e not the built-in one). Although these updates don't appear to be huge downloands, Mb rather than Gb. Also for 2019+ cars which were supplied with a SIM, the Ubigi website says that the JLR OTA updates do not count towards the contract data plan usage.

My car had the original Ubigi SIM and remainder of the 3 year plan left by the first owner. When it came up for renewal at £58 for 12 months (3Gb per month) it looked reasonable for full european coverage, all networks, free updates, and also it was no hassle. Couldn't see the point in saving less that £10, at most, at the time by changing it. But we'll see what the renewal price is at the end of this year.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
JekVI

Post by JekVI »

simpleR wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:04 pm Your car is 56222 and SOTA enabled.
You need to make sure you have a SIM card in and working and then as per post above, get the dealer to reset and trigger the update remotely.
This is really interesting - I assumed I needed the large update from the dealer to even enable SOTA, because I don't have the option in any menus. Once I have the SIM working (I will try that this weekend hopefully) can I just call a dealer or do I have to book it in?
Ultra Blue MY19 SVR (but without particulate filters :twisted: )

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post