Rattling in passenger door area

Anything F-Type related......
elugelab

Post by elugelab »

I've got an annoying rattle / buzzing coming from the passenger door. I hate rattles as they are so difficult to pin down but this one seems to go away as soon as the passenger window is wound down slightly, so I have hope it can be located!

Is this something people have dealt with before? My thinking is that it must be within the door itself and be something to do with the window mechanism. It could though be around the roof or b pillar where it meets the window too.

Any tips or prior experience of something similar?
MY16 IRR V8R RWD Coupe
BMW F31 340i

Purplecat

Post by Purplecat »

I had a rattle from passenger side, I did for a while convince myself that it didnt do it with the window open, but think it was either the draft (blowing the belt) or I couldn't hear it over the road noise - but eventually realised it only did it when I had no passenger in the seat, turned out to be the bottom of the seat belt rattling against the anchor point. Solved by making sure the belt was folded properly against the seat (tested it first by putting a bit of tissue under the anchorage and it disappeared). Of course yours might be something else but worth checking!
2019 F-Type 5.0 V8 R AWD Coupe Silicon Silver
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The window regulator cable has been known to rattle against the door metalwork (it has foam around it, which falls off when it gets old). There are some YouTube videos that cover it.

I thought I had a door rattle, but it was the plastic clipped to the side of the passenger seat base l.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post