Missing Service History Help

Anything F-Type related......
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Over priced then by £3k to £5k.

I would recommend a check of the V5C and if there is no servicing paperwork for the 3 missing years, and if service history/maintenance and previous owner care including possible future retail value is important to you, then you continue your search elsewhere.

I have seen no horror stories of Y coolant pipe failures other than some have split and required replacement. My car is an MY18 from May 2017 and now 6yrs old and 44,000 miles complete and no issues. But it has been serviced to schedule LOL.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

Chakatee

Post by Chakatee »

Good stuff simpleR. If you pass that VIN to me, I'll make my enquires tomorrow and update here with the outcome. Really appreciate your help. Thanks again.
scm

Post by scm »

I believe the revised pipes were fitted at some point during the MY18 production run. Early builds (mine :() have the original ones.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Chakatee

Post by Chakatee »

Thanks scm
Chakatee

Post by Chakatee »

Hi, just to update. I used the VIN number to obtain Service details from a Jaguar dealership, although not from the Nottingham branch that originally sold the car, they didn't call me back despite trying twice. Another dealership just confirmed what simpleR had already told me on this forum, so thanks again simpleR. If I could get a hold of the previous owner to confirm that no services were carried out, I would. But that's a difficult task. What I'll say, is that with this car and a few others I have looked at, service history is missing 2020 and 2021 quite regularly...... COVID has got a lot to answer for I think.
scm

Post by scm »

If you're in the UK you can go to osh.jaguar.com and look up by VIN for yourself.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Chakatee

Post by Chakatee »

Hi scm, once I got the VIN number that is what I did. It's just a shame the previous owner didn't get it serviced.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post