Washer Fluid Hose in footwell

Anything F-Type related......
Gem81

Post by Gem81 »

Hello,
I should start by saying I’m not a car technical person! I’ve had my 3.0 Fpace coming up to 3 years on a 3 yr lease and loved it. I took an extended Marshall warranty. Its with them now with a faulty NOX sensor which has taken them 3 days to sort. I get a call today to say they’ve figured out why I reported a strong smell of washer fluid (along side the no engine restart warnings). Basically I was told that the washer fluid hose runs front to back, and the hose has worn out due to pressure caused by my foot, as the leak in the hose is directly under the mat, which is under the carpet. Oh and no chance its covered under the warranty and thus is what caused the faulty NOX sensor…
The guy didnt seem to know ANY of the details. Now, I’m no expert but surely, this is totally ridiculous? The car has been driven 10k miles a year, so I’m not exactly hammering it around for 8 hours a day.
I’d be really interested to understand if it’s technically possible that my own foot has caused this, or is it just a design issue? Surely if so it would be covered on the warranty. He muttered about corrosion and a lot of mess, and the whole situation sounded pretty bad.
Any advise please?

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Although there are a lot of knowledgeable people here and many parts are shared across the platform, you might be better off over on the F-Pace sister forum.

No such reports on the F-Type here I don't think.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Gem81

Post by Gem81 »

👍 thank you

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post