Apple car play

Anything F-Type related......
Busa1400

Post by Busa1400 »

James provided it

ZeusHavok

Post by ZeusHavok »

Adrian1961 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:47 pm Bit of a recap the reverse camera does not work out of the box on my car and flickers that have suggested the splice route?has any one done this below is there response

Thanks for your email, we have seen this before.
This can happen if the reverse data in the vehicle is not correct for the system. You can resolve this by connecting the orange Rear-C wire on the power loom to the reverse light positive of the car, when this orange wire receives 12v then the screen will switch to the factory system to view the camera. This will stabilise the signal.

Alternatively, you can hold the HOME button to switch out and view the reverse camera.

Sincerely,
Response Team
I had the same issue. If you aren't comfortable with pulling the passenger seat and rear parcel shelf out to get at the wiring loom or know exactly which one it is I would get someone to fit it. It's a bit of a dick job.

You can in theory get to the same wire from behind the cubby between the seats but honestly I couldn't make enough room to see what I was doing.
MY2017 F-Type S AWD Coupe - Firesand Orange / Optioned out to heck and back.
Deleted User 3656

Post by Deleted User 3656 »

Well was waiting for electrician but he was busy so took the bull by the horns and did it my self had found the the middle of the wires on the light fitting was the one to tap into but of a faff running the wire to the unit but not to bad.
All connections were soldered and heat shrunk covered (I am building a kit car so getting used to it) and it worked first time just to tidy the cubby hole between the seats and job done.
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

Busa1400 wrote: ↑Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:48 pm James provided it
James is booked to do mine next Friday, I asked about the backup camera he said it will work fine and the factory phone kit as he doesn't use the unique car play device for that reason

I didn't know others did the same tech besides Unique but if everything works I'll be a happy man
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I use Tomtom Go - its really good on Carplay and it works offline too.

Google Maps and Waze from time to time too.

Apple Music for music player but Spotify works well too.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

James from JHAudioSolutions came to mine today and fitted the Carplay module, couldn't be happier with the results, its transformed the car

I love having google maps as the satnav rather than the crappy old Jag nav

Highly recommend James

satnav.jpg

Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Has anyone tried to use this system for android auto? It says it does both on the unique website.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
ZeusHavok

Post by ZeusHavok »

stefan9107 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:54 pm Has anyone tried to use this system for android auto? It says it does both on the unique website.
Aye I've used it for both. Works as expected without issue.
MY2017 F-Type S AWD Coupe - Firesand Orange / Optioned out to heck and back.
Rjbaker

Post by Rjbaker »

mono-uk wrote: ↑Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:26 pm James from JHAudioSolutions came to mine today and fitted the Carplay module, couldn't be happier with the results, its transformed the car

I love having google maps as the satnav rather than the crappy old Jag nav

Highly recommend James

satnav.jpg
Mono, looks great!can I ask what the cost was or would you prefer me to contact James?not sure I am keen on tearing apart the interior of mine πŸ˜‚
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

ZeusHavok wrote: ↑Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:04 am
stefan9107 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:54 pm Has anyone tried to use this system for android auto? It says it does both on the unique website.
Aye I've used it for both. Works as expected without issue.
Great, thanks.

Now I just need to convince James to drive down to the south coast to do mine...
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post