Help me with my exhaust issue plz

Anything F-Type related......
vdavdev

Post by vdavdev »

Hi, I got a new car. It’s a 2015 S model, with active exhaust and switchable button, the cat back is from Sebring.

(My previous post was asking for exhaust information on a v6 base model, 2016, but this is a different car, sry if my previous post distracts your attention)

So here is issues I encountered with the new 2015 S model:
1. With the switchable exhaust button off, the valves opened (noticeable louder) automatically at 3000 rpm when revving engine. The valves opened around 1000 rpm when running the car. The valves suddenly closed exactly at 4000 rpm.

2. With the switchable button on, the valves should supposed to be open all the time, but it’s fully loses on ANY working conditions, revving, running(0-7000rpm), just not open at all

Here is my question about the vacuum pump controlled valve, is it open by default, then closed by the suction from vacuum, or it’s in reverse.

By my observations, the valves on Sebring catback is closed by default, and opened by the suction from vacuum, if the exhaust is the root cause, I will replace the Sebring catback with the stock one.

Thx for any information:)
Last edited by vdavdev on Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi, your previous topic is here with loads of information.
viewtopic.php?p=68109#p68109

To help people help you, I am presuming you still have the base V6 and now with an S exhaust?

Has it ever worked since being fitted?

Who fitted it?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

Were you in dynamic mode?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
vdavdev

Post by vdavdev »

simpleR wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:20 am Hi, your previous topic is here with loads of information.
viewtopic.php?p=68109#p68109

To help people help you, I am presuming you still have the base V6 and now with an S exhaust?

Has it ever worked since being fitted?

Who fitted it?
Sry for the unclear information on my post, I edited the post. So basically I got a new car, it’s a 2015 s model, the previous owner fitted it with a catback from Sebring. Since the problem I encountered very much like the working status of valve is reversed, I’m wondering if it’s because the valve difference on the catback.
vdavdev

Post by vdavdev »

scm wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:55 am Were you in dynamic mode?
I’ve updated the post, to be more clear about the problem, thx:)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post