Previous owners Vs price?

Anything F-Type related......
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

AJ13 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:06 pm
Better 4 carefully owners, than one shitty one.
Agree - I suppose we are naturally more suspicious on multiple owners (was car sold quickly because it is a problem car or owner didn’t have enough cash to properly maintain it??) but it’s pure speculation.
Fewer owners makes it easier to trace back and understand the likely history of the car (I was certainly put off by one car that had started life as a Jaguar press car…)
But ultimately better to buy on condition/price - shouldn’t be too hard to spot an unloved car.
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties

paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

Thanks everyone for the help. I've found one with 4 previous owners that I really like the look of. I've messaged SimpleR but can anyone else help with a history check by registration? I've obviously viewed previous MOT etc but if anyone can tell me any interesting information it would be much appreciated

RF17GFO
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Car 45466
V6S in Italian Racing Red (with black pack) with 4 previous owners.

The car started life on 20th Jan 2017 in Essex with a dealer as a showroom or demonstrator (PDI record).. It was sold to it's first owner in Ascot on 30th June 2017. They had 1st and 2nd services done on time.
The 2nd owner was in Huddersfield and had 3rd service done on time as well in Sept 2020.
The 3rd owner was in Bracknell and had the 4th service done in Oct 2021. It doesn't list what was actually done but it should of had the rear diff oil changed. If this was missed it needs doing.

The car has not been seen by Jaguar or a Jaguar independent with access to Jaguar systems since then and shows as one service plus 234 days overdue.

Checking it has has rear diff oil changed and other services if there is paperwork is key.

It was for sale on 2nd January 2023 and again this month which I presume is the 4th owner who has only had it for 6 months.

MOT looks good. Clear on PNC. It has been on a private plate at some point.

On YouTube for sale here:

With any second hand car ensure you get and pay for a relevant check. Car vertical for example. To ensure it has no hidden history. There was a new member on here last week looking at a car and after doing a check found it had been through an auction as a non runner/ mechanic damage a few months prior.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

Thanks for that. I'm assuming it being ex demo isn't great and an owner only having it 6m seems a little worrying...
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Maybe. Maybe not.

Asking the seller or garage and getting an independent check is key.

Higher the number of owners equals they will have owned it for less time. Everyone has different preferences.
My preference is always a single owner car with full service history and evidence of looking after it, no MOT fails for tyres etc, maybe a ceramic coating, knowledge of the car etc and I'm not so fussed about higher mileage. Others want a car which has only done a few hundred miles a year.
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

simpleR wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:45 am Maybe. Maybe not.

Asking the seller or garage and getting an independent check is key.

Higher the number of owners equals they will have owned it for less time. Everyone has different preferences.
My preference is always a single owner car with full service history and evidence of looking after it, no MOT fails for tyres etc, maybe a ceramic coating, knowledge of the car etc and I'm not so fussed about higher mileage. Others want a car which has only done a few hundred miles a year.
I hate to be a pain but would you mind taking a look at one more for me? SK66 ZGL. I've spoken to them this morning and it looks perfect. I'm going to pay the reservation fee this afternoon should it be a good buy?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

That is car 32019.
An older V6S in Rhodium Silver also with 4 previous owners.

It has no PDI record and only a 1st service recorded in 2017, a second service 2 years later (12 months late) and has not been seen by Jaguar since then so shows as one service plus 1,003 days overdue.

I'm not looking any further into it as it is too time consuming. Have you drivin one yet?
What colour and options etc are you after?
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

simpleR wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:20 pm That is car 32019.
An older V6S in Rhodium Silver also with 4 previous owners.

It has no PDI record and only a 1st service recorded in 2017, a second service 2 years later (12 months late) and has not been seen by Jaguar since then so shows as one service plus 1,003 days overdue.

I'm not looking any further into it as it is too time consuming. Have you drivin one yet?
What colour and options etc are you after?
I have driven one, hence the need to buy. I'm not overly fussed on colour as long as it's not black. Options wise I'm after a V6S, not too fussy on specific extras. Just want one that's well looked after and in good condition. He told me 3 previous owners and it has a full service history but it's been based on mileage as opposed to years as it's very low mileage. It comes with a 12m warranty and a full MOT and service so it sounds like a good egg as it's only done 24k
AJ13

Post by AJ13 »

Fwiw.

Fsh....means an annual service if you follow jaguar service plan.
So its not a full service history.
If it is the car for you....maybe use that to haggle price down....as when (if) you come to sell it, it may be used by new buyer
IRR V8S. (Maybe going soon).
Macan turbo ..wifes.
Sunny Scotland based.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Again, it depends how you define "well looked after".
The service interval is every year or 16,000 miles and it has not been serviced inline with this and therefore it does not have a full service history. It also then brings into question whether important things like rear diff oil has been done or not etc

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post